Help me if you can!

Hi

I am studying the T.V systems for different regions for the DVD Recorders I am working on. The regions are Asia Pacific, LATAM, NAFTA and Europe. I found a document explaining about the systems at

I came to realize that there are monochrome standards are assigned a letter designation (A-M) in combination with color systems. (NTSC, PAL, SECAM) And the product I am working has tuners for systems described as: PAL B/G, PAL D/K, SECAM L/L', PAL I. At the same time some documents sometimes describe again: B/G, I, L/L', D/K whithout color system designations for the same product. After studying the table provided by wikipedia and the reference documents, I wonder what systems they really are using for the regions APAC, LATAM and Europe. Is there any NTSC B/G or NTSC I ? Aganin it describes for LATAM there are only systems M and N. Can anybody explain to me about it clearly?

Reply to
Myauk

at

I came to

There are three layers: Channel standard, Video (Chroma) standard, and Sound (stereo) standard.

Channel standard refers to the spacing between the (analog) video and audio carrriers: L, D/K : (France, China, Czech(old) = 6.5 MHz) I : UK, HK = 6.0 MHz B/G : Italy, Germany, Australia, Sweeden (others) = 5.5 MHz M : North America, Japan, Korea, Taiwan = 4.5 MHz

Chroma or video standard refers to the color encoding SECAM : used with D/K or L has two separate chroma components on each alternate line, combined later. PAL : used with D/K or B/G (and sometimes M) encodes color hue in the phase of the subcarrier. Alternate lines shift phase by 180 degrees to equalize some channel errors. NTSC : used with M, transmits color hue as the phase of the chroma subcarrier. An additional phase reference is transmitted during the vertical interval for hue correction.

L' is a notation that means the local oscillator is low-side, rather than high-side injected.

Sound standards are: A2 - some of Europe, Korea, Some of China, others NICAM - some of Europe, UK, HK, Sweeden, others BTSC - North America EIAJ - Japan

Looking at tuner specs?

Regards,

Frank Raffaeli

Frank Raffaeli