OT: Dhama Initiative Beer

If any beer company did a limited run of this, I'd buy it for fun..and I don't even drink beer.

mmmm.. Dhama beer :)

Since it's for research staff, it'll probably be 4% alcohol..

I'm guessing a beer company would make millions in profit if it can get permission to use the name and logo (royalties).

Heck...it could end up being the most recognizable beer in N. America..

Sales would peak every night Lost airs.. :P

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

oops typo.. Dharma

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Might go the same way as Duff Beer. Sells for a while until they get sued and have to pull it. Then they are worth a fortune on eBay.

For $13K a carton that's an expensive drink!

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Interesting...(wiki link) " Matt Groening has stated that he will not license the Duff trademark to brew an actual beer, over concern that it would encourage kids to drink."

I'm surprised at the amount of people making Dharma Beer labels..

I suspect part of the attractiveness is that maybe some people are sick of loud and loaded fancy beer labels.. The Dharma beer label is refreshingly simple + has some mystery attached. It's just beer.

Compared to

What the fk does a cougar, mountains, lake and trees have to do with getting drunk!??.. :P Whack the cat with a beer bottle and have BBQ'd couger in the forest?

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

D from BC wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I suspect that Dharma logo is trademarked or protected in some way,owned by the creators of Lost.If not,they made an error.

IMO,Lost is a great show.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

D from BC wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

"just beer"?? I'd rather drink Labatt's or Molson's than Genesee or Iron City. I used to drive to Canada to buy Molson's Stock Ale to bring back to the US.(when I lived in or visited Buffalo...)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Of course it is copyrighted. Duh!

Absolutely. Makes one wonder just what kind of buzz the beer gives, however.

I could get cited for time travel while intoxicated. TTUI.

Reply to
AnimalMagic

AnimalMagic wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

get intoxicated enough,and time will "travel"! 8-)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Is it possible to eat cat meat? I'd think it'd be nothing but gristle.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Too Late:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

No, idiot. I ching and dharma logo are two entirely different animals.

Reply to
Bart!

Cougars are beautiful cats so if they're gristle, that's good.

Maybe the cougar is symbolic on the beer can.. With enough beer, I'd go for the 'cougars' (slang). :P