Does any company make...

A discrete low-current NMOS, VDS ~50V, IDmax ~10mA

In other words a scaled down 2N7000? ...Jim Thompson

What's wrong with 7002 in SOT-23? How small do you want it?

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Small die size, low CDG and CDS. ...Jim Thompson

How small? How low?

See the "On good questions" thread above.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Not sure about CDS. I care more about RDS.

I did a search on low Rds and Cgs. Guess what, GaN shows up on top. let's build a test lab for GaN.

EPC2007 100V 0.030O 205pF (GaN) DMG6998 20V 0.025O 151pF (MOS)

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

I've been disappointed with GaN so far. Most of the parts don't seem to be real. And the specs are mostly terrible "RF" stuff, usually no DC curves at all. They even name the pins "RF in" "RF out" "Ground".

We did experiment with the Nitronex parts, blew up almost of a thousand dollars worth of them one afternoon.

We have some of the EPC parts, really tiny chip-scale guys, that we're experimenting with. They look great if they turn out to be reliable.

40 volts, 150 amps peak, in a part that you can barely see, with Qg around 10 nC. Not avalanche rated, so probably easy to blow up.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

50V will be tough. If it's for a one-off prototype just to test a concept you might try these, sometimes they can stand a lot more than abs max:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg
[ looking for ]

The old CD4007 can accommodate 20V, 5 mA (but there's lots of extra pins to deal with).

For low Cgd, one guide is high channel ON resistance: ZVN1409A is a 90V, 10 mA part (that Digikey hasn't in stock) that shows that characteristic...

Reply to
whit3rd

Thanks, Joerg... looks good! ...Jim Thompson

Did I read it right? Low Rds of only 30 ohms? 7002 is a lot less than that.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

I don't need a low Rds. I'm looking for a discrete equivalent of an integrated device. Some switches don't need to be super low resistance. ...Jim Thompson