pretty good beer

Made in USA from Guinness Irish yeast. Nice yeasty taste, sort of a vaguely Belgian flavor, just a little hoppy.

On 9/11/2015 2:23 PM, John Larkin wrote: > >

> > Made in USA from Guinness Irish yeast. Nice yeasty taste, sort of a > vaguely Belgian flavor, just a little hoppy.

Nice that John Larkin has finally discovered it.

It's been brewed since 1759

and Dorothy Sayers - the novelist - wrote the Toucan ad in 1935

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
Bill Sloman

In North America, toucans mostly spend their time promoting sugar (with added multicolor "froot" flavored cereal).

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Your own link shows it just came out last year: "In 2014, Guinness released Guinness Blonde, a lager brewed in Latrobe, Pennsylvania using a combination of Guinness yeast and American ingredients.[67] The Guinness Brewers Project also released two craft beers, Dublin Porter and West Indies Porter.[19]"

Reply to
DemonicTubes

ennsylvania using a combination of Guinness yeast and American ingredients. [67] The Guinness Brewers Project also released two craft beers, Dublin Por ter and West Indies Porter.[19]"

Hoisted by his own petard, :^)

Latrobe, is it in the old rolling rock brewery?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Well, he was only 255 years off.

Now we can make a Half-and-Half from Guinness and Guinness.

ennsylvania using a combination of Guinness yeast and American ingredients. [67] The Guinness Brewers Project also released two craft beers, Dublin Por ter and West Indies Porter.[19]"

John Larkin claims to have been to Europe, where the original is ubiquitous .

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Pennsylvania using a combination of Guinness yeast and American ingredients .[67] The Guinness Brewers Project also released two craft beers, Dublin Po rter and West Indies Porter.[19]"

Americans do tend to take their local versions all too seriously.

Zinfandel is actually Primitivo and was imported from Italy or Croatia or t hereabouts.

and James Arthur thinks that the US invented democracy, which the Athenians find a bit odd

Another giant leap for mankind.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

A great beer I just discovered a few weeks ago.

JW

We Ulster descendents call them black-and-tans. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I think (without citing any authority) that one of them is Guninness and Harp, and the other is Guninness and Bass. Or vice versa.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I like beer and wine that I can see through. You never know what lurks in the dark.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Well, one of them will get you chucked out of a Green Irish bar. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

As far as bar-smelling Irish dive bars go, the Dovre Club is hard to beat.

They have really good, free corned beef and cabbage every St Paddy's Day. A bunch of militant feminists bought the building, made it into The Womens Center, and tried to evict the Dovre Club. In the end, the Irish drunks won.

GPS is closer to home, but no corned beef.

They don't mind if you bring in Mexican food or pizza from the other places on the block. We get free beer at GPS because the bartender owes us.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

WTF? That is an abomination which I have never seen or heard of in Ireland.

Cabbage and bacon[1] is traditional Irish food. Corned beef is traditional British 'food'[2].

[1] Bacon in this sense is boiled bacon, not rashers. [2] Take a slice of corned beef an heat gently in a frying pan. After a while, you will have molten fat and a few microscopic flecks of meat[3]. [3] Eyelids, if you're lucky[4]. [4] You won't be.

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

OK, I'll have your portion if you don't want it.

We have so many Irish here, the USA is more Irish than Ireland.

I meant *good* corned beef. And what irrational prejuduce do you have against fat?

We spent a few weeks in Ireland. Seemed to me that people ate mostly mutton and corn flakes. The bars were so smokey that we couldn't stay in many of them.

Ireland looks like it was a tough place to make a living in, back when my ancestors left. Beautiful but harsh.