OT: Chest freezer cycle times and noises

It might be local. The 530 area code is split up into two non-adjacent regions, like islands.

That wouldn't fly with most phone companies, the minute you get into local LD they'd sock it to you.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

$0.

card,

Tell me

tied to

line

bank

that,

Sometimes a point has to be made, a lesson has to be learned, and someone has to teach that lesson regardless of monetary circumstances.

We weren't talking about a $25 fee that I could get reversed in a 15sec phone call but about swiping savings. Very different thing.

Oh, watch me :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

ones

Sorry, but that ain't so.

Quote "The law allows the recipient of the original paper check to create a digital version of the original check?called a "substitute check," thereby eliminating the need for further handling of the physical document"

Since when is scanning the same as shredding?

Oh yeah.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

have

$0.

your

card,

Tell me

tied to

credit line

bank

that,

So they're forced to fork over the $25 that you already paid them. Whoopie! That'll teach 'em!

They'll refund the money, eventually. Your ACTUAL damages are next to zip.

Have fun. The deck is stacked against you, but if you enjoy windmills so much, why don't you just go after Slowman?

Reply to
krw

this

ones

It *IS* so. The paper check is *gone* after they convert it to an EFT.

^^^^^^ ^ ^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^

The paper check has now been destroyed. You will *never* get ahold of it.

You don't think copying a bitmap is possible? How about Photoshop? ;-)

Eventually. Meanwhile you don't have use of *your* money. OTOH, if you'd used a credit card, the bank doesn't have use of *their* money. ...a much stronger position to be in. ;-)

Reply to
krw

have

$0.

your

credit card,

Tell me

tied to

credit line

your bank

that,

Again, you talked about major events like cleaning out a savings. Nobody in their right mind puts up a hissy fit over $25.

If there are no damages then what was the problem in the first place?

Politically he is unconvinceable ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

the

their

box],

My rack mounted UPS died, and needs batteries that I can't afford right now.

Michael A. Terrell

He's be 'Slomanized'!

Michael A. Terrell

I agree with you.

It was ignorant, stupid, arrogant, counter-productive and childish.

It was very mature of you to recognise that.

I accept your apology.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

have

or $0.

your

credit card,

Tell me

account tied to

credit line

your bank

that,

You're not listening. They replace the money, eventually. You're out the $25 overdraft fee, perhaps, and the interest for a few days. The damages aren't worth your time, but you can only sue for damages, not aggravation.

Your time trying to straighten this out is worthless? Can't recover that, either.

no

...and banks aren't?

Reply to
krw

You agree that you've sunk below Slowman? Only eleven steps to go!

No, "stupid" says it all.

Smart (doesn't take a lot to recognize that you aren't).

Since I offered none, you're once again proving how incredibly stupid you really are.

Reply to
krw

ever

Sue who? They were working for Countrywide Mortgage who no longer exists, and it was a different company about every six months. All I get now are robot calls that only tell me they have an important matter to discuss. I've called their phone number, but never get through to anything but a message telling me they are busy screwing other people.

Michael A. Terrell

their

box],

So as long as your power failures are less than half an hour long, you're fine. Unless you forget to replace the batteries every so often.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

[...]

So? Even the IRS accepts tax stuff electronically these days. You have a pretty good quality scan of the check (I have seen them) and there is a computer trail of the path it took. Fraudsters can be found that way unless they had a ticket to Brazil and took it.

When I mentioned that I think the European banking system is safer you agreed. Let me tell you something you might not know: Since decades they store their stuff on micro-fiche and these days probably electronically. Now how's micro-fiche much different from a scan inside a controlled environment? Photo doctoring has been invented before you and I were in diapers.

That will bring the guy who gets convicted a few years in Club Fed. Since this would have to be done by a person at a bank it'll be quite a few years actually.

As mentioned before, one double charge (that was a lot more than your $25) was reversed same day. Under the condition that the paperwork pans out later or they'd charge it back, which is very understandable.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

have

or $0.

your

credit card,

affected. Tell me

account tied to

credit line

your bank

checking

that,

No, read your own statements above. Quote "Even in the best scenario, with a debit card, your money is wiped out. You're broke." Now how exactly do you think I'd be broke if they took $25?

You were talking about swiping savings, now you are talking $25. I would call them and then just wait until they refund that. And I don't care whether that takes one or two weeks.

No, and when it's big moeny and you go to court I am pretty sure you'll be awarded damages for that.

no

I found that they go to rather great lengths to keep a good customer.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Just the Rainbow Color Reader. This thing is still driving me crazy, with the big problem still being the calibration steps for dark colors. I have almost 40 production units built, and they all have different readings for gain and 'black'. Now, my analysis produces pretty good results for colors wth greater than 10% luminance, in the dark range that variability drives my classification routines crazy!

Anyone know of a good way to analyze the data from about 40 units to give adjustment values for calibrations... ;-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

the

their

box],

Just replaced them a couple of months ago, after about three years of use...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

ever

You gave us the name of the goobers.

Reply to
krw

you'll have

or $0.

card, your

credit card,

affected. Tell me

account tied to

credit line

your bank

broke

checking

do that,

win,

You're not listening. You're broke *WHILE* "they" (they = someone other than you) has your money. You *WILL* get it back, eventually. Your actual losses are?

Do try to follow along...

Wrong.

have no

However, none of us peons are "good". Banks are in the business to service businesses.

Reply to
krw

You've never heard of "photoshopping"?

Certainly, because it's a PUSH system. I have to "push" money to you. You can't reach in my account an take it.

Likely none, if you think the only no-good can be the bank, or banks. Check-21 turns that trust over just about anyone. It was bad enough before Check-21 but there are no protections at all now.

*IF* you can find him. *WHEN* you find him. Meanwhile you're sucking wind.

NO! It can be done by *ANYONE* with access to your account *numbers*. It doesn't have to be a bank at all!

Good grief...

Reply to
krw