is there a freeware program to do this?

I want to take a circuit similar to this:

import it into a preferably freeware program and the program calculates the layout on stripboard. I've used StripboardMagic in the past, but I still have to draw out the circuit first, hope to get it right, and then drag each component onto the layout. I want something that will do all of this automatically. BMP or JPEG drawn circuit in, layout on board out.

Can any freeware do it?

Thanks

Reply to
Winenut

[...]

Are you looking for something likes this?

I never used it but AFAIK it needs a netlist as input. So you'd have to enter it into a regular CAD first. That also makes sure you have a nice document for later, or if you want to design something else with it some day. If it is strictly hobby (not for profit purposes) you could look at the free version of Eagle:

Eagle is a nice program, I use it since years (but a paid license version).

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

On a sunny day (Fri, 13 May 2011 14:08:03 -0400) it happened "Winenut" wrote in :

No need for stripboard:

Jan Panteltje

the

ill

each

Grin... Jan, have you an 'equally' clear schematic to go with that?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

:-) I've long felt that Jan, knowledgeable as he is in electronics, ought to put in a tad more effort into his images.

Reply to
Pimpom

This pics looks just like Jan schematics.

You may be able to see the parts, but the connections are mostly unclear (invisible).

I love 3D wiring systems.

But at some point in your career you will need to produce clear documentation.

Or else its just a hobby, _Jan_ is this just a hobby ?

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

On a sunny day (Fri, 13 May 2011 13:25:08 -0700 (PDT)) it happened George Herold wrote in :

Sure:

Wanna buy it?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

es =3D

st=3D

ag =3D

is

Hi Jan, I hope you realized my request was a bit, "tongue in cheek". And that schematic is much too easy to read.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

So, you do know how to use a schematic editor.

Do you design in the schematic editor first, then crayon draw it for public display ??

Is there a special reason why you do not what people to really see your work ?

Inquiring minds want to know.

hamilton

Nah, it's not genuine. Because it doesn't contain the usual flux splatters and other stains :-)

--
SCNR, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Thanks Jan,

very much appreciated!

Regards Werner Dahn

Reply to
Werner

On a sunny day (Sat, 14 May 2011 09:57:27 -0600) it happened hamilton wrote in :

You obviuosly do not have one.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

So you have a hidden agenda, "pay me and I'll show you"

hamilton

A ha'penny would cover all Panteltje's collected "works" ?:-) ...Jim Thompson