One Leap Forward...

"Card Check" failed today.

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Is Obama "The Manchurian Candidate", Trained and Planted by Osama?

I guess your referring to this..

Why would they want to change the voting process? I don?t see anything wrong with secret ballots. Less organic material for the building trade ;)

Martin Riddle

Too young to buy booze or ciggies??

Reply to
Robert Baer

Maybe they only use 6 bits in the counter? ;-)

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Pay-off to the unions... an intimidation method to cause union "elections" to succeed where they failed before.

...Jim Thompson

If Bush was a MORON, what does that make Obama... an IMBECILE ?:-)

You've answered your own quesiton. There is nothing wrong with the secret ballot; that's why the unionists want to make people say how they voted, so they'll know whose house to vandalize.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Heh - I was getting carded until I was 36. "May I see your ID?" "Yes, SIR! Absolutely you may see my ID!!!"

I just turned 60, and I don't look 60 to me, except naked in the full- length mirror, where I look like Monty Burns. )-;

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Newsgroup Wacko

in=20

Well duh. Unions have been loosing traction for fifteen years or more, the union have gotta be really concerned.

Reply to
JosephKK

Unionism: "Duh, since we're not good enough to actually _earn_ more money, let's just gang up on the boss and STEAL it!"

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

It's always good when people piss on the people who got them the cushy conditions that allow them that freedom:

There is an excellent movie about that series of incidents:

...and it's especially apt when people originally from West Virginia piss on the blood spilled by their forebearers.

Reply to
JeffM

FYI, this is where the original term 'Redneck' came from. The union workers marched in wearing red bandannas, so that they could be identified as union coal workers.

Martin Riddle

Odd. I'd heard that the term came from the sunburned napes of the farmers toiling in the fields.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Not the "original". Perhaps this, from Wikipedia...

"The National Covenant and The Solemn League and Covenant (also known as Covenanters) signed documents stating that Scotland desired a Presbyterian Church government, and rejected the Church of England as their official church (no Anglican congregation was ever accepted as the official church in Scotland). In doing so, the Covenanters rejected episcopacy?rule by bishops?the preferred form of church government in England. Many of the Covenanters signed these documents using their own blood, and many in the movement began wearing red pieces of cloth around their neck to signify their position to the public. They were referred to as rednecks."

...Jim Thompson

         Only Obama can prevent excessive tonsillectomies

Could be, I saw a PBS program on the Coal miners in WV and that?s what brought it up.

See this site..

"Clearly, the best explanation of redneck to mean "union man" is that the word refers to the red handkerchiefs that striking union coal miners in both southern West Virginia and southern Colorado often wore around their necks or arms as a part of their informal uniform."

Martin Riddle

Obviously I'm very aware of Matewan. I grew up in WV, and of the old style schooling, several years of WV history were required... from the "Mound Builders" to present day ;-)

Also three years of American History and one year of "Civics".

Now-a-days, ask a kid on the street... they'll tell you Obama's running mate was Sarah :-(

...Jim Thompson