Fascism at its finest...

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Is Obama "The Manchurian Candidate", trained and planted by Osama?

Hey Jim, where are you getting these great tag lines from?

The one thing that I haven't seen from the conservative ranks is blaming Obama for the Swine Flu... as a means of scaring folks into accepting his universal health care. What the heck, Bush got blamed for everything including a complicity in 9/11. What the heck do I know though, I'm just an (R&D) lab rat. Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

Repeat After Me: There Are No Death Panels in Socialized Heathcare...

==quote== In a letter to The Daily Telegraph, a group of experts who care for the terminally ill claim that some patients are being wrongly judged as close to death. Under NHS guidance introduced across England to help doctors and medical staff deal with dying patients, they can then have fluid and drugs withdrawn and many are put on continuous sedation until they pass away.

But this approach can also mask the signs that their condition is improving, the experts warn.

As a result the scheme is causing a "national crisis" in patient care, the letter states. It has been signed palliative care experts including Professor Peter Millard, Emeritus Professor of Geriatrics, University of London, Dr Peter Hargreaves, a consultant in Palliative Medicine at St Luke's cancer centre in Guildford, and four others.

"Forecasting death is an inexact science," they say. Patients are being diagnosed as being close to death "without regard to the fact that the diagnosis could be wrong.

"As a result a national wave of discontent is building up, as family and friends witness the denial of fluids and food to patients."

The warning comes just a week after a report by the Patients Association estimated that up to one million patients had received poor or cruel care on the NHS. ==quote==

A few years ago Florida had a case of "denial of fluids and food" to a patient who was not even near death. I still think you, Jim, were on the wrong side of that one.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

While the courts ended up playing referee on which private citizen would prevail at least that case was a dispute between family members on what to do and not government panels deciding what the 'standard of care' for all citizens will be.

Reply to
flipper

That was the comatose woman whose husband wanted to pull the plug? Not the government, right? The husband had a medical power of attorney, right? Not the government, right?

...Jim Thompson

The usual right wing lies and bullshit.

Reply to
Ouroboros Rex

...Until the righties insisted the government take over that decision. lol

Reply to
Ouroboros Rex

"Doctors and medical staff...can."

So, where are the governmental death panels?

We certainly know the same and worse is true of the US health care system.

45 million are uninsured, for starts.
Reply to
Ouroboros Rex

Does anybody find the binary electronic schematic attached to this thread?

Take your goddamned "one step to the right of Attila the Hun" to the appropriate newsgroup, please.

Jim

RST Engineering - JIm

Moron, the courts are part of the government too. The family brought it to court, so they put it in the government's hands.

All the "righties" did was allow (not require - allow) a second judge to review the decision of the first judge. And don't tell me there were other judicial rulings because all the rulings in between were based on the assumption that the main decision of the first judge, that the patient would want to die, was correct.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Right, but there was no plug - they were feeding her orally. You're right that it's apples and oranges though, so I shouldn't even bring it up.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

The NHS.

A falsehood, for starters, as hospitals are required to provide services regardless of ability to pay.

Reply to
flipper

You must think we are really stupid.

"MIAMI, Friday, March 18 - Despite last-ditch efforts by Republicans in Washington and Tallahassee, Congress and the Florida Legislature failed to pass measures Thursday to halt the removal of a feeding tube from Terri Schiavo, a critically brain-damaged woman, on Friday. And in a final effort to save Ms. Schiavo's live, leaders in the House of Representatives said Friday morning that the Government Reform Committee would issue supoenas they hope will stop removal of the tube, scheduled for

1 p.m. Friday, The Associated Press reported. "We will issue a subpoena which will require hospice administrators and attending physicians to preserve nutrition and hydration for Terri Schiavo to allow Congress to fully understand the procedures and practices that are currently keeping her alive," said a statement issued at 1 a.m. by the House speaker, J. Dennis Hastert; the majority leader, Tom DeLay of Texas; and the chairman of the Government Reform Committee, Thomas M. Davis III of Virginia. "The subpoena will be joined by a Senate investigation as well," the statement said."
Reply to
Ouroboros Rex

Made-up crap.

That's not insurance. 45 million uninsured, when you get something let me know.

Reply to
Ouroboros Rex

Obviously, they are in nations with national health care, since we don't have that kind of denial of treatment for anyone here.

BS. Nobody here has food or medicine denied like that.

I'm one of them, and nobody you vote for is going to make my medical decisions.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Not "we".

All the Florida legislature did was give congress time to do what I said they did. They allowed another judge to review the decision before letting her die. After that the Florida legislature had no effect.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Yeah, we do. Doctors can have fluid and drugs withdrawn, and often do.

Yeah, they do. Doctors can have fluid and drugs withdrawn, and often do.

Nobody I vote for is trying. That's the republicans' hobby.

Ouroboros Rex

I didn't say "the florida legislature", I said "the righties."

"We will issue a subpoena which will require hospice administrators and attending physicians to preserve nutrition and hydration for Terri Schiavo .."

"Not require" my ass.

The righties tried to put the decision right smack dab in the government's hands. Righties in governemt then attempted to make that decision and make it stick. You can make up all sorts of winderful arguments that they didn't, but they did. In fact, many of the same righties want to have such decisions taken from you permanently.

Ouroboros Rex

That is not a takover of medical care.

The idea that government can pay for medical care without controlling it is absurd on its face. If they did that there would be enormous fraud.

But to understand that you need common sense to go with those web links.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

"Ouroboros" should change his first name to "Outrageous". He's more ignorant than any other leftist I've ever encountered. Probably a graduate of Berkeley ;-) ...Jim Thompson

"Minimum wage" is why all our manufacturing is in Mexico and China