Re: The US Weather Bureau....

> The US Weather Bureau has issued a WINTER storm warning for Arizona! > > As much as 1.5 FEET of snow is predicted for the higher elevations. > > It's finally reached 70°F at 3:30PM in Phoenix... > > and I finally got my pool wiring changes made between downpours ;-)

Thanks to 'global warming', it'll soon be time for the first snowmobile dealership to open in Pheonix.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

59°F at 8AM Saturday... CRAZY!

...Jim Thompson

The "Global Warming" aficionados would write it off to 'local variability' but over the last decade global temperature has been either flat or slightly declining. And, btw, for all the hype about

1998 being "the warmest year on record," it wasn't. Corrected errors place it down at something like third with the mid 1930s still holding the record (over the geologically miniscule period semi reliable numbers are available).

That's one reason the 'name' was 'officially' revised to "Climate Change" vs "Global Warming:" they can't reliably predict anything so saying just 'change' seemingly covers it.. except that the climate 'changing' is nothing new.

Actually, "Global Warming," aka "Climate Change," doesn't qualify as a "Scientific Theory" because it doesn't meet the minimum requirements for one. It doesn't quantitatively predict anything new and, related, there's no proffered means to disprove (or prove) the proposition.

Reply to
flipper

Nope. Carl Rove, when he was Bush's advisor and proxy brain, noted that "global warming" was too alarmist because it suggests solely human causes. He recommended that Republicans use the term "climate change" instead, which implies natural causes. This was done, creating that rather odd situation where the political affiliation of elected representatives could be guessed by which term was used.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

That is. no doubt, another satirical expose like your previous and, continuing on the same theme, it's clear that Carl Rove befuddled the U.N. into establishing the "Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change," more conveniently known by the acronym IPCC, in 1994 because those wascwally wepubwicans knew Bush would win the Presidency 6 years later causing Al Gore to go insane and produce fantasy disaster movies.

Reply to
flipper

Good stuff! Sno-o-o-o-ort!

...Jim Thompson

Does Shrillary fathom herself to be the next Manchurian Candidate?

I've got even better than that.

We should nominate Bush for a Nobel because, under the oft repeated 'truism' that he who is in office is responsible and gets the credit or blame for 'everything', he's the greatest environmentalist of all time since, with global temperature having declined or remained flat during his entire presidency, he's single handedly solved the "Global Warming" crisis.

Reply to
flipper

Hehe

Feel free to use it next time someone pipes up with the "on his watch" B.S. coincidence fallacy argument.

Reply to
flipper

I think the Gore Gang are trumpeting the wrong menace. Paleoclimatology lacks the precision of day-to-day meteorology, but it's pretty clear that the normal state of most of Europe and North America is buried under 1500 meters of ice, interrupted by relatively brief (ca. 10K years) "interglacials." The current interglacial started 11,000 years ago. We could live with rising sea levels and more frequent tropical storms, but an ice age would doom civilization as certainly as a launch-everything-at- once nuclear war. The genetic evidence suggests that humanity just barely survived the last one. Just one more argument for space settlement. We need to get a few of our eggs out of this basket, before something steps on it.

Reply to
Stephen J. Rush

The problem with your "wrong menace" theory is you presume just any old 'disaster scenario' will do but a impending 'natural' calamity doesn't provide a good excuse for screwing the 'evil oil industry', wealth redistribution, and social engineering.

Reply to
flipper

Interesting concept. But where is your data that shows that global temperature declined or remained flat during his entire presidency?

Reply to
Richard Henry

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/