Re: Pretty Bloody Annoyed

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 06:41:45 -0700 (PDT),Bill Sloman

I'm sure that we could have kept this going for ages, if one of us hadn't found something more useful to do.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Come to the end of your rope, have you? ;)
Reply to
John Fields

I keep on hoping that if I give you enough rope you will get around to hanging yourself, but it doesn't look as if you are any better at knots than you are at electronics.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Now now boys, do we need a referee ?

Reply to
Jamie

Or a governess.

John

:

One of my grandmothers was home-schooled by a series of governesses; her mother - my great-grandmother - was loaded, Nobody else in the family ever had anything like that much money.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Is that why only one person in the family acquired any manners?

John

I was home _pre_-schooled by my Mom[RIP]. One of my earliest memories is of sitting on Mom's lap, with a book in my lap, Mom reading from it, pointing to each word as she read it. IOW, I learned to read before I even learned to talk! (I think it was more like imprinting than learning, but in the ensuing years, I used to win spelling contests and stuff.)

And it didn't cost a thing. (IOW, you CAN get a free education - go to the Public Library, and teach your kids to read.)

But my Mom was always very wise.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

--
So, when you were growing up you were the only boy in a house with a
mother and three sisters?

And then when you finally hooked up with another female your child was
female as well?

Small wonder you\'re pussywhipped and consider females as authority
figures...

BTW, you\'ve talked about the female side of your family, but you\'ve
never said anything about your dad.

Why not tell us something about him?
Reply to
John Fields

Obama ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

Is Obama "The Manchurian Candidate", trained and planted by Osama?

ote:

Odd that you should say that. Of all my grandparents, my maternal grandmother was the biggest social disaster. She had indeed been well- schooled in manners, which meant that she manifested her her rudeness and egoism in ostensibly inoffensive comments and actions. She wasn't as bad as her younger sister - the infamous Aunt Dora - who bullied her daughter (no shrinking violet herself) so mercilessly that the daughter took herself interstate in her early twenties and refused to have any further conact with her mother.

My mother seems to have learned her social skills from her father, who was a much nicer person.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

--
For some strange reason, this joke comes to mind:

The king was out surveying his domain one day when he came across a
peasant who looked just like he did.

Somewhat bemused, the king asked: "You, peasant, did your mother use to
work at court?"

"No, Your Grace, my father did." he answered.
Reply to
John Fields

My point-by-point commentary about the defects of the Obama administration/czarism, all 48" column inches of it, was published yesterday in the local newspaper.

Immediately got a hate E-mail that could have been written by "President" Carter... a diatribe about how I just couldn't tolerate Obama simply because he's black; and adding threatening overtones :-( ...Jim Thompson

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then
are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."
                       - William F. Buckley, Jr.

Obama is black? Why didn't anyone tell me?

Michael A. Terrell

Made me laugh for the first time in your life.

See the movie "All of Me" with Lilly Tomlin and Steve Martin.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Roughly what one would expect. We know that Jim hates Obama because Obama isn't far-right enough to suite Jim, but anybody silly enough to take Jim's political opinions seriously enough to read and respond to them has to be silly enough not to be able to distinguish between political and racist malice.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

--
Strange criticism, seeing as how it's coming from someone who takes
Jim's political opinions seriously enough to read and respond to them at

I don't take Jim's political ideas seriously, I just mine them for absurd comments - like the above.

You should understand - you do exactly the same kind of thing.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Wonder why Slowman still hasn't produced a copy of his USA Visa stamp from his passport... or can he even get a passport ?:-) I'm always pleased to note that I'm the highest standard for Slowman's disdain, but please don't feed the jerk. Let him die that most unpleasant of deaths... alone ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Thompson and I have each other plonked - does anybody want to ask him to either post his diatribe here, or a link to it on the Web?

It might give some interesting insights into the workings of his "mind".

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise