New Plug-in Electric Car Company

It doesn't take big bucks to do useful stuff

Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

perfectly. Any improvements from now on is a bonus. 200+

enough for most people.

Would it meet today's safety standard for a new vehicle?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

perfectly. Any improvements from now on is a bonus. 200+

enough for most people.

No idea.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

"TheM" wrote in news:noWwk.440$ snipped-for-privacy@news.siol.net:

Not necessarily. Given that oil is a finite resource, and it is already more expensive to get atit (since most of the "easy oil" has already been gotten), teh gasoline will probably go to other uses, such as military vehicles, or perhaps to run generators and cars if very cold climates.

Again, not necessarily - the US has a lot of natural gas,which can be used to generate electricity; is solar panel production is doen on a larger scale, those will become cheaper.

Like they "need" 2-ton SUVs?

Fair enough.

Especially if people listen to those who find any and all "reasons" to not bother trying anything new, rather than looking for ways to make renewables more feasible. Meanwhile, compressed natural gas can be, and is, used as fuel for vehicles, and people are already working on establishing/expanding the required infractructure. It will be a bridge between the curent petroleum-based culture, and a renewable-energy culture.

It's always easy to find excuses for inaction - what's hard is getting behind a positive, constructive, useful idea and getting off one's duff to take action that helps it come to fruition.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

That's why they stopped making the Saturn SL1. Larger profit margins on SUVs.

OK, my 2002 does have air conditioning and power steering ;)

What amamzes me is that the Infinity I35 (whcih they also stopped making) is a fairly large car, very nice interior, comfortable, has more than enough "zip", and gets about 26MPG mixed city-highway. Meanwhile the much smaller, cramped, delayed-accelerating, poorly-handling, hard-riding G35 that I had as a loaner didn't even reach 20MPG. I was looking at new cars becasue I'd thought that, Surely there are now ones that get better MPHG than my SL1, but amazingly, even the teensy cars weren't any better (I get about 30MPH mixed, and teh tiny ones max at about 35 mpg *highway*, but there is no way of telling what the Mixed mpg works out to be).

So I'm not getting rid of my SL1 any time soon...

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Prices have fallen significantly lately, there's plenty of oil under the melting ice. Oil is going to be around for a while.

Yes, and gas is unlike oil an infinite resource? The solar thing is still a fairytail.

They need a safe family car, not a 2-seat plastic roadster with zero luggage space.

TheM

Designing a car, $22,000 isn't seed money, it's barely beer money.

John

That may be the plan:)

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

"gmail", what do you expect ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

                   Liberals are so ignorant...
         They don\'t even know the definition of ignorant

perfectly. Any improvements from now on is a bonus. 200+

enough for most people.

That's because of the unions.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

bill perfectly. Any improvements from now on is a bonus. 200+

enough for most people.

not even close, it would be like comparing jumping out of a plane with and without a parachute

recently saw a a frontal collison test of two cars, same model, one of them just

10 years old, both had gotten five euro NCAP stars when they were new.

after the crash;

new car: driver could mostly likely have walked away old car: driver most likely dead or close to it, and with both legs broken and stuck beneath the dash.

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

And these are the cars some Europeans keep telling us belong on US roads?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

five NCAP stars is a very safe car, the point was that a car that got five stars ten years ago is not nearly as safe a car that gets five stars now....

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

1719...

om

ic

power.

llars.

ple

om/tag/delorean/

org/- A UK political party

Our= podcasts on weird stuff- Hide quoted text -

Very cool!

Reply to
Rob Mitchell

stuff

UK

A UK political party
Our podcasts on weird stuff- Hide quoted text -

I'm almost tempted to take a scrap Smart Car and put in an electric motor and some batteries.

Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

perfectly. Any improvements from now on is a bonus. 200+

enough for most people.

You are forgetting the mind control of the left. There is quite a queue already waiting for the cars that they made a large down payment on (80% i think).

Reply to
JosephKK

perfectly. Any improvements from now on is a bonus.

good enough for most people.

production units?

drop

accordingly

to ICE.

Be that as it may, they may well make more sensible commuter vehicles that large pickup trucks or SUVs.

Reply to
JosephKK