New Electronics Company

I set up a business bank account for my electronics business about 6 months ago so far I have been delayed in 'doing' anything electronic and seeing as I am paying =A329 per month for the bank account, I have become overdrawn, not having paid in a cheque from a customer due to not going out selling and educating people about new technology

I plan to sell electronic kits in my local community, which is 90%+ Muslim, and anyone who gets the bug will become a prospective employee the first job available is a Solderer working up to 15 hours per week

I studied for a Honours Degree in Electronic and Information Engineering from 1987 to 1991, only passing 2 years I was the best Computer Programmer on the course and strong at Digital Electronics and Logic Gates

Today, I bought a USB Experimenter Board, and I have tested it and have a few ideas for USB devices for the future it is an exciting time and reminds me of catching the bug when I was aged about 7 or 8 and was given a battery, crocodile clips and a bulb by a boyfriend of one of my sisters I have just turned 40 and been self-employed since age 23, at which age I worked on a kibbutz in Galilee, Israel

if you have heard of Feng Shui, then we could be selling my first product, that I will go about developing tomorrow, to everyone in China as a branded product and also to any householder who gets into Feng Shui I suppose I should have applied for a patent before I gave you that snippet of news but I will be looking for help from you, whether you are a beginner, expert or a good salesman

Reply to
messianic light

An education in how NOT to go into business ;-)

...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

Thanks for the reply Jim, with your 45 years of experience, I am sure that we can do business especially on USB Interfaces perhaps you can tell me how to go about getting a patent in America for my products and all about Intellectual Property Rights

let's keep the humour, I understood a lot of the phrases on your website, but I forget how most of it works I still have some books from college and I am planning to do a Degree in Physics and Satellite Technology I'll send you an email once I need some help, which could be soon but meanwhile, have a jolly laugh at my singing voice

;-)

Reply to
messianic light

On this side of the pond the banks are kissing my ass to get my business. Why are you paying £29 ??

...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

the banking service comes with accounting and other business software, which I admit to not making use of yet being a Computer Programmer, I tend to want to write more efficient versions of similar software

I am not a bad salesman and marketer, so I will soon be getting a cash flow I am sponsoring a Doubles Pools Knockout Competition on Sundays at a pub which a friend is opening in mid-february must have a break now, bit hungry, bought a chicken curry pot noodle earlier and about to get stuck into it

Good Luck, can't wait to buy some components tomorrow to stick into the analogue inputs of the USB experimenter board I don't suppose it will be long before I am asking you to help design a circuit that I can patent I will be publishing an electronics magazine for beginners, distributed locally for free, about 500 copies for the first issue

Reply to
messianic light

You know, plenty of small businesses began with people running their money through their personal bank accounts. Until you get to, say, £1000/month in sales, why not just use PayPal and some personal account you already have?

"being a Computer Programmer, I tend to want to write more efficient versions of similar software"

I'm sure a business book would suggest that this is a Bad Idea from the point of view that, sure, you can write better business software, but since that doesn't get you any income, you really should try to make do with what's available and spend your limited resources (time) making electronics.

"I don't suppose it will be long before I am asking you to help design a circuit that I can patent"

Jim is going to charge you a lot more than £29 to design such a circuit, I suspect. :-)

"I will be publishing an electronics magazine for beginners, distributed locally for free, about 500 copies for the first issue"

Not a bad idea... tie it in to a web site so that you can keep the page count low (lower printing costs) with full information available on the web site (cheap). Then of course you offer to sell parts kits... Not an approach that will turn you into a Fortune 500 company, but plenty of small businesses do just find just selling kits.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

[snip]
[snip]

I'm going to open a bank ;-)

...Jim Thompson

nth in

int

unt

oach

ses

thanks for the advice and criticism Joel of course I will have a dedicated website for the magazine the magazine will be size A5 with 8 pages to start with and black print on white but there will be loads more info and kits on the website

Reply to
messianic light

, I

I beat you to the bank Jim,

laughing ;-)

Reply to
messianic light

Cause he's paying for all that software they sold him. ;-)

--
Regards:
              Baron.