New Plug-in Electric Car Company

A new American Made plug in electric car

Here is an opportunity to contribute to American independance from foriegn oil. It's time American designed and built an all electric vehicle that runs off of inexpensive American plug -in electric power. You can show your support with a contribution as small as $10 dollars. Become one of the first to support our future in a tangible way.

--- What is Fundable?

Fundable.com lets groups of people pool money to make purchases or raise funds. Similar to online auctions, Fundable's collection pages are created by people who use the web site. Each page contains a description of how much money needs to be collected and what it will do. Once enough pledges for a collection have been secured, Fundable turns them into real payments and sends the total to the collection's organizer.

If a collection expires before reaching its total in pledges, Fundable deletes all pledges and never charges money.

Reply to
Rob Mitchell

Why would I contribute to anything that does not identify the people involved; or their concept or business plan; location; or issuing shares for that matter. Smells of a scam.

Reply to
Freelance Embedded Systems Eng

Here's a real electric car company:

donald

I just woner by looking at the size of plug, what is the voltage requied

Reply to
Robert

Here's the real deal - 220 miles per charge

Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

| >> Why would I contribute to anything that does not identify the people | >> involved; or their concept or business plan; location; or issuing | >> shares for that matter. Smells of a scam. | >

| > Here's a real electric car company: | >

| | Here's the real deal - 220 miles per charge |
| I really like this car, except for the $110k price tag

Martin Riddle

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

But don't those cost at least $US100,000...?

Not exactly feasible for the vast majority of drivers.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

around here the tax on cars is about 180%, but electric cars are exempt, $110K would be the prise of something like a 3 series BMW

the tesla is the first electric car that isn't ugly and slow, if more were electric cars were like it, there's hope :)

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

The price tag really isn't that bad for a hand built car. But it shows what can be done in future at a lot lower cost.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

IMO the battery tech has finally been sorted. LiFeP seems to fit the bill perfectly. Any improvements from now on is a bonus. 200+ miles with an overnight recharge and a 5000 deep discharge life is good enough for most people.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

perfectly. Any improvements from now on is a bonus. 200+

for most people.

Except for the sky-high price.

TheM

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

[snip]

I either saw or read something (can't recall :( ) to the effect that, in addition to a battery, and in addition to being rechargeable via plug, a car can be outfitted with a very small gas-sipping motor that recharges the batteries when they get low.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

perfectly. Any improvements from now on is a bonus. 200+

enough for most people.

You don't think the price will drop moving from hundreds to millions of production units?

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

perfectly. Any improvements from now on is a bonus. 200+

enough for most people.

How will they sell enough at over $100,000 each to drive the price down?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

perfectly. Any improvements from now on is a bonus. 200+

enough for most people.

They won't as far as the Tesla car is concerned. But there's no inherent reason why a practical electric car should cost any more than a normal one.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Too funny. Plug-in hybrids do seem to get better mileage but nobody looks at the offset which is higher usage rates of electricity.

perfectly. Any improvements from now on is a bonus. 200+

enough for most people.

Sure the price will drop as they automate the assembly of the vehicle. That's what gets me about regular car prices, alot of the car is put together by machines these days. Yet the prices don't seem to come down much.

perfectly. Any improvements from now on is a bonus.

enough for most people.

production units?

If electric car makes a significant dent into oil consumption, oil prices will drop making them a less sensible option.

When millions of electric cars hit the road, the cost of electricity will rise accordingly due to lack of supply. Can't build all those nukes over night.

Tesla is a light sedan, family car needs a lot more KWh. And a comparable range to ICE.

It will be long years before electric cars enter into mainstream.

TheM

9...

er.

rs.

If you really invested a substantial amount of money I am sure you would be given more information. What is being offered is the chance to give up one trip to McDonalds in order to support a cause. You dont spend a dime unless the total amount requested is pledged. But people said the same thing about Henry Ford. Tesla has raised millions of dollars but only have one car.. a prototype! DGA is only looking for seed money to develop a prototype. I imagine then they will go after the big money nad the proforma cash flow would be offered then to serious investors.

Reply to
Rob Mitchell

perfectly. Any improvements from now on is a bonus. 200+

enough for most people.

That's because so many extras are added on to keep the price, and profits, high. I've occasionally wondered what my old Capri 2.0L would cost these days. No central locking, no power steering, no powered windows, no aircon, no super surround sound hifi, simple engine, 37mpg etc.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax