New Electronics Company

I set up a business bank account for my electronics business about 6 months ago so far I have been delayed in 'doing' anything electronic and seeing as I am paying =A329 per month for the bank account, I have become overdrawn, not having paid in a cheque from a customer due to not going out selling and educating people about new technology

I plan to sell electronic kits in my local community, which is 90%+ Muslim, and anyone who gets the bug will become a prospective employee the first job available is a Solderer working up to 15 hours per week

I studied for a Honours Degree in Electronic and Information Engineering from 1987 to 1991, only passing 2 years I was the best Computer Programmer on the course and strong at Digital Electronics and Logic Gates

Today, I bought a USB Experimenter Board, and I have tested it and have a few ideas for USB devices for the future it is an exciting time and reminds me of catching the bug when I was aged about 7 or 8 and was given a battery, crocodile clips and a bulb by a boyfriend of one of my sisters I have just turned 40 and been self-employed since age 23, at which age I worked on a kibbutz in Galilee, Israel

if you have heard of Feng Shui, then we could be selling my first product, that I will go about developing tomorrow, to everyone in China as a branded product and also to any householder who gets into Feng Shui I suppose I should have applied for a patent before I gave you that snippet of news but I will be looking for help from you, whether you are a beginner, expert or a good salesman

Reply to
messianic light

...and apparently never investigated the word SPAM.

1) Take a course in business ethics. Make sure it covers how advertising is a cost of business

--just like rent and utilities. Have the instructor describe why things about your business that you scrawl on walls make you look like a loser.

2) Research the difference between "Google Groups" and "Usenet".
Reply to
JeffM

Here's my opportunity to pop in an OT if that's ok.. :)

Will every noun eventually be hyperlinked in Wikipedia? ^ ^ ^ hyperlink hyperlink hyperlink

That's a lot of blue font!

What's the rest called? Unlinked?

Diaperlinked :P

D from BC British Columbia Canada.

Reply to
D from BC

What exactly is the ethical violation here, can you state it explicitly? I don't see anything wrong with sending an informative post of a pertinent product or service to special interest discussion forums. It is no different from including a business link in the signature file which many regulars do.

Many small businesses advertize this way via bulletin boards, it's a standard practice and makes them look industrious rather than like "losers."

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

"I" am not sure he meant any "real" harm - but he showed an ignorance where business is concerned. Anyone planning to go into any sort of business - should do their homework. As someone pointed out - banks vary in rates and charges. If memory serves me correct - he was "already" bouncing checks purely from paying the "charges" alone - not counting lack of income. That isn't good - to be "advertising" that! That shows a lack of understanding and knowledge for business practices. He apparently has no "real" product yet to speak of. He shot himself in the foot before he even got started. Maybe he meant well - but bottom line - he's already in a hole.

And - then, I must wonder - why he had to "include" the fact most of his sales - 90 some plus percent - would be to "Muslims"? Maybe those in his area are mostly Muslim - so be it. Why did he feel compelled to tell us "that"? Is he implying something other than the base population of his community? That could go any number of ways. My community consists mostly of retired people - so what! It doesn't mean I can't reach out and sell to others. After all - this is the age of the internet - E-Bay and many other forums. Is he implying he won't sell to other than Muslims? He wants to make a product cheap enough for "them" to afford? What was the need to tell us his "religious" base?

He cast a negative outlook on his venture - the way I see it. From "poor" Cash flow issues/management - down to making what appeared to be "group" related references. BAD BUSINESS. If he was "selling" Qurans, Muslim related items - ok. But he was speaking of an "electronics" item/product. Be you Muslim, Hindu, Catholic, Christian, Black, White or even Martian, that statement had no business being included. If anyone of those groups have folks interested in a product, I'm sure they'll buy it - regardless who is selling it. I just think he'd have been better off to leave "that" statement "out".

Reply to
radiosrfun

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:20:05 -0500, in sci.electronics.design, Fred Bloggs tweeked:

Multiple groups (at least 6 I saw) hit with the same message. Don't feel like googling for them all, but sufficient copies will raise the BI>20.

Most likely n00b ignorance as opposed to actual spammer. However...

Reply to
Delron