Need connections help from diagrams

Two or three noisy dickheads do not define a nation.

Most of us here (there are many!) don't make a point of being identifiable as being Australian, to avoid being treated like those others deserve.

We might have typically low regard for authorities and traditions, but the folk who stand out as dickheads are the ones screaming to be treated as authorities. Strange, isn't it?

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I'd

I have no bias towards any one but the uncivilized and the uncouth. As a point of interest I am German.

Reply to
medusa

"uncivilised" and "uncouth" are value-laden words generally used by those who want to preserve authority or tradition, not truth.

People deserve respect, but no-one who wishes to be a rational thinker can afford to "respect" any idea. Ideas must always be treated with vigorous disdain.

Traditionalists and authoritarians cannot tell the difference between disrespect of their ideas, and disrespect of their persons - they regard both as equally uncouth and uncivilised.

Clifford Heath

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I'd

I'm not following the conversation here. What's wrong with being Australia n??? Was that supposed to be some sort of a put down???

I have a lot of respect for a country that saw a problem, decided on a solu tion and as best I can tell has not had a lot of trouble with sticking with it. I'm talking about deciding to restrict guns. Maybe I just don't hear about the problems, but it seems there is not a lot of debate about it at this point.

--
  Rick C.

  -- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ricky C

Yes, it was.

Well, if there are problems, I'm not hearing about them either

... except that we didn't go even harder and earlier, like NZ

... and there was that business with no branch of government seeming to know whose responsibility it was to stop an affected cruise ship from disgorging hundreds of infected people right into the heart of Sydney with not even a thermometer in sight... but that's a mistake that won't happen again.

CH.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

ed

alian??? Was that supposed to be some sort of a put down???

solution and as best I can tell has not had a lot of trouble with sticking with it. I'm talking about deciding to restrict guns. Maybe I just don't hear about the problems, but it seems there is not a lot of debate about it at this point.

Guns could have stopped them. You just needed one good guy with a gun! An d a lot of ammo. Oh yeah, 30 round clips, a lot of them. Bump stocks woul dn't hurt either. Screw it. Just go for the full auto.

All kidding aside, I'm sure Australia has as many problems as anyone else. They just don't get as wigged out about them.

BTW, I loved "Rake". That was one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. J im Jefferies is pretty awesome too. I liked his specials better than his w eekly show. Maybe it has something to do with him moving here to the US.

--
  Rick C.

  -+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ricky C

People seem to like Hugh Jackman, Mel Gibson, Cate Blanchett, Geoffrey Rush, Heath Ledger, Eric Bana, Hugo Weaving, Brian Brown, Joel Edgerton, Sam Worthington, Baz Luhrman or Nicole Kidman either, or many others, all of whom worked and/or lived in the USA and made their names there. We claim Russell Crowe too, though he was born in NZ.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Despite the fact that I joined an electronics group and not a psyhcotherapy / philosophical group I'll offer my last response to poster. People DESERVE courtesy at first interaction, civlity is HOPED for at all times ad respect must be EARNED. When one does not warret these niceities then they forfeit and deserve the repurcussions of their actions. I follow the Golden Rule...Treat others as your would like to be treated" but I will not turn the other cheek when assualted. Truth has nothing to do with either civility or uncouthness. The latter are two states of personalty traits that do not atatch themselves to truth or deceit. The behaviors exhibited here by some can be alligned with "roadrage"...for no good reason verbal assault or insults retorted by request for electronics help. Do i sense a good old boys club here or what? I thought this was a group for extended education.

Ideas must always be treated with

Reply to
medusa

You are new on this group. There are a number of "contributors" here that routinely verbally abuse people. There is absolutely no way to get them to shut up. The only effective defence is to simply ignore them, filter them out or something. Don't wrestle with pigs: You'll get covered in mud and the pigs like it.

There are fortunately also a few very knowledgeable contributors that make this Usenet group not entirely a waste of time.

On your original request, my take is that if you need help with such basic things, you shouldn't be touching the insides of X-ray machines.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

You guys are such stonefaces. There's this novel concept called "teasing", which is sometimes fun, both for the teaser and the teasee.

In purely text formats such as Usenet, it's often accompanied by emojis, as in this case.

YCLIU.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

? I'd

a point of interest I am German.

This is a group where people who are interested in electronics go for enter tainment. Sometimes the posters here will use their engineering talent to help other people solve their problem. That is a bonus not an obligation. Presentation , just like in real life, tends to be the key to having a pos t be the object of entertainment or not. Your presentation in the first po st was so poor that it made it natural to turn the thread into a joke

Reply to
blocher

e:

:

ted

s a point of interest I am German.

ertainment. Sometimes the posters here will use their engineering talent t o help other people solve their problem. That is a bonus not an obligation . Presentation , just like in real life, tends to be the key to having a p ost be the object of entertainment or not. Your presentation in the first post was so poor that it made it natural to turn the thread into a joke

Seriously, you act like you are doing someone out there in never never land a favor by letting them review your (secret drawings) and spend their time to educate you on something you cannot even articulate. All through privat e email.

Reply to
blocher

On Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 9:30:23 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com wrot e:

ote:

ote:

te:

and

but

eated

As a point of interest I am German.

ntertainment. Sometimes the posters here will use their engineering talent to help other people solve their problem. That is a bonus not an obligati on. Presentation , just like in real life, tends to be the key to having a post be the object of entertainment or not. Your presentation in the firs t post was so poor that it made it natural to turn the thread into a joke

nd a favor by letting them review your (secret drawings) and spend their ti me to educate you on something you cannot even articulate. All through priv ate email.

This forum is not a charity, although sometimes people are charitable.

Reply to
blocher

On Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 10:12:48 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com wro te:

ote:

:

rote:

'm

( I

stand

t a

se

, but

treated

As a point of interest I am German.

entertainment. Sometimes the posters here will use their engineering tale nt to help other people solve their problem. That is a bonus not an obliga tion. Presentation , just like in real life, tends to be the key to having a post be the object of entertainment or not. Your presentation in the fi rst post was so poor that it made it natural to turn the thread into a joke

land a favor by letting them review your (secret drawings) and spend their time to educate you on something you cannot even articulate. All through pr ivate email.

ment should be noted in the name..not electronics development. How could I have ever guessed I would be walking into a site that the regulars suffer f rom locker room syndrome and may occasionally talk of electronics. Don't kn ow how I missed that...my psychic abilities must be off. I'll seek out an older group that exhibits courtesy more so than you younger boys. Your grou p sense of humor and help escapes me.....and who said I wanted charity? I was willing to pay to that person who helped me. Would you talk this way to your mother?!

Reply to
medusa

rote:

te:

I'm

e ( I

erstand

..

not a

hose

ns, but

e treated

[...]

You should have posted it as an advertisement for a paying job. There are a number of people here who make money from exactly that sort of thing. I know that when I intend to pay someone for something I wave my money around at the very beginning and then I generally do not get any jokes at all.

Reply to
blocher

I certainly wouldn't ask my Mum if she were Australian, no. (She did almost marry a New Zealander once.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

rote:

te:

I'm

e ( I

erstand

..

not a

hose

ns, but

e treated

h. As a point of interest I am German.

or entertainment. Sometimes the posters here will use their engineering ta lent to help other people solve their problem. That is a bonus not an obli gation. Presentation , just like in real life, tends to be the key to havi ng a post be the object of entertainment or not. Your presentation in the first post was so poor that it made it natural to turn the thread into a jo ke

r land a favor by letting them review your (secret drawings) and spend thei r time to educate you on something you cannot even articulate. All through private email.

I have ever guessed I would be walking into a site that the regulars suffer from locker room syndrome and may occasionally talk of electronics. Don't know how I missed that.. ________________ Actually, it is not hard to miss at all if you would have perused the last

10 topic that have been posted. ______________ .my psychic abilities must be off. ___________ Really, no psychic abilities were required, just reading 8 or 10 posts from the group ______________ I'll seek out an older group that exhibits courtesy more so than you younge r boys.

_________________

Most here are old by age. We come here because we can express our inner te n year old. Something that is very liberating after 50 years of doing ever ything by the book ___________________

Your group sense of humor and help escapes me.... ____________

German comedian is an oxymoron. ________________ .and who said I wanted charity? I was willing to pay to that person who he lped me. Would you talk this way to your mother?! ______________

My mother usually pays me outrageous sums of money to do trivial tasks. so no!

Reply to
blocher

rote:

te:

I'm

e ( I

erstand

..

not a

hose

ns, but

e treated

[...]

Huh, let's not all be too self righteous. You had the ALL CAPS post. You do need a bit of a thick skin to survive here. And it's not to everyone's taste. Humor is one thing that doesn't do well online. I think a lot of what is meant as a bit of humor gets taken the wrong way.

There's not much to do... smiley faces on my bit of fun is the best I can do.

George H.

who thinks you should describe how your circuit works, and hook it up one (or a few) bits at a time. Do you have a DMM? 'scope? GH

Reply to
George Herold

Apart from abrasiveness and petulance, I expect the main reason folks aren' t being very forthcoming is that if medusa gets killed doing this--which ap pears fairly likely--they don't want it to be their fault.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

From the pictures it seems to us that you're attempting to create something that you're not trained properly to do. Extra-high voltages and ionizing radiation in X-ray equipment needs extra training and careful understanding of the dangers in it.

It is just proper engineering ethic to not help you to grill yourself or some unsuspecting other person.

--

-TV
Reply to