Hef's oscilloscope!

What is that thing?  (Built into the wall)  Early Tek?  I can't peel my eyes off it.  Darned bouncing 1968 women, Godda Inna way!

 . Playboy After Dark 8/8/68
 .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kAHqIkc0qQ&t77%

(I presume this is the Playboy Mansion?  No?)

Re: Hef's oscilloscope!

sorta looks like a rack mount Type 533A..but Barbie Benton keeps getting in the way... Who was that stiff she is dancing with...Hef??
lol

Re: Hef's oscilloscope!

~The late 60s man, you just had to be there. It was a far-out time. :-D

Re: Hef's oscilloscope!

imdb.com claims that those episodes were filmed at CBS Studio 31 and
KTLA Studios. [1] That particular "After Hours" episode's small stage
size suggests that KTLA's seemingly smaller studios may fit best, but
you never know.

Note.

[1] http://www.retroweb.com/tv_studios_and_ranches.html

Thank you,

--
Don Kuenz KB7RPU
There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light;
yes off it.  Darned bouncing 1968 women, Godda Inna way!

   It looks like military surplus to me. It reminds me of the display used
to tune a receiver for RTTY around the Korean war.

There is some industrial video equipment, a bunch of cheap AM/FM receivers
and some industrial electronics. Probably $100 of stuff from a surplus stor
e when that set was built. I didn't see anything that was powered up, and t
he layout made zero sense. A pair of 9" Monochrome video monitors, mounted
that high?

   I remember running this crappy show on 16mm film at the AFRTS TV Station
 at Ft. Greely. in ''73-'74.

Re: Hef's oscilloscope!

The RTTY tuning indicator is just a x-y oscilloscope with
mark filter output on one axis and space filter output on
the other one.

--

-TV

Site Timeline