He seems sharper than his dad ;-) ...Jim Thompson

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the
   blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure."
            - Thomas Jefferson, November 13, 1787

    Make the world a better place, Dispose of a Leftist Pansy

But can he spell TOMATO?

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Just FYI: In order for them to raise taxes on us they still need a 2/3rd majority. Yes, they can vote a budget without 2/3 now but the only way to realistic way I see to do that is through cuts.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

For your sake, I hope it'll work out.

In the interim, AZ is planning blanket bill-board and TV advertising in CA: "Move your business to AZ and save BIG" ...Jim Thompson

 Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Pelosi!

Isn't Nevada generally even more business-friendly than Arizona, though?

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Tax-wise, maybe. But we're very union-unfriendly (we whacked card-check in this last election), and Neva(h)da is over-run with unions. ...Jim Thompson

 Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Pelosi!

Yeah, but tax-wise there are better options. Plus biz people will certainly be looking for track records as to how conservative the state government _and_ the governor has been over the years. Or rather, decades.

Out here biz people have talked about more eastern destinations. AL, TN and so on.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

One has to really watch it and look at the overall situation with all the taxes. These property tax rates seem rather confiscatory:

Nah, I sure won't move there. If they tax us outta here we'll go farther east than that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

For engineers? Car and furniture and cabinet builders more likely. ...Jim Thompson

 Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Pelosi!

Which means that, now, the Democratic majority gets all the blame.

And as of Tuesday, fees are like taxes, and require a 2/3 vote:

"Proposition 26 requires a two-thirds supermajority vote in the California State Legislature to pass many fees, levies, charges and tax revenue allocations that under the state's previous rules could be enacted by a simple majority vote.[2] Supporters of Proposition 26 called it the Stop Hidden Taxes initiative, saying that fees, levies, and so on imposed by the California government amount to taxes, and should therefore require the same supermajority vote required to enact income or sales tax increases."

John

I pay $4800 property taxes on a property now devalued at $550,000...

0.87%... about 1/4 that listed for Nevahda.

Now Nevahda (I believe) has no income tax, but I pay typically less than $1K annually... AZ takes Schedule A from the IRS and deducts it at 100%, plus my retirement income is exempt :-) ...Jim Thompson

 Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Pelosi!

Do you do your own taxes or have them done?

Are you a master of deductions? :-) -- I take it your software licenses, main computer and whatever chunk of your home is your dedicated office are all good deductions -- anything else big?

Reply to
Joel Koltner

AFAIK it is around 2% in TN, but on 25% of value. And no income tax IIRC. So ...

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

For me it almost doesn't matter anymore where I live. Most of my biz has moved from CA to other states (for obvious reasons). All I need is closeness to an airport, in case I have to visit somewhere.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yyyyessss :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Same here. I get only a very occasional customer visit... usually just the first dance, thence forward I never see them; though Skype Video has changed that recently... "face-to-face" design reviews.

From about 2000 to 2005 I had a customer I never met, even though he moved thru several companies in that time span. I've still never met him :-) ...Jim Thompson

 Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Pelosi!

Just call me "TurboTax Jim" :-)

I stopped with the home area deduction a few years back... more documentation pain than it was worth. Otherwise you have it pretty much covered, but there's also: telephone, Internet, insurance, company-owned vehicle, travel, etc. ...Jim Thompson

 Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Pelosi!

Don't delay it too long. I had one president of a company whom I only met because he wanted to see "this guy who does our circuits". Meantime he has passed away :-(