micro pmt at last?

Hamamatsu has been teasing us anout their MEMS PMTs for a decade or so. Showing it at photonics shows but refusing to sell it. Maybe it's real now, albeit packaged like an IC:

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

It's been offered for sale on their web site for a few years. I haven't bought one, but maybe I will--it sure is cute, and maybe it's even good.

MPPCs/SiPMs suck compared with PMTs, but they're a lot cheaper and they last longer.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Oh. I just got a splashy press release, as if it was new.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

What are possible use cases with such a small aperture?

--------- Tel. 06151 1623569 ------- Fax. 06151 1623305 ---------
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes

It's bigger than most photodiodes!

I heard about it from the rep, iirc. They were about $600 then. Nice gizmos--1 ns rise and fall times, about 1.3 ns transit time spread at FWHM. It would be fun to use a TIR prism gizmo and see how high we could get the QE.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Lots. Flow cytometry, Raman spectroscopy (using a triple Czerny-Turner monochromator), or anything you can usefully couple with a fibre bundle.

Their best-selling PMTs are the little 6-mm modules, AFAICT.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I used to buy 931A's for $1.50, which was most of a week's allowance.