famous at last

John Larkin, President Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

Well, you have 8 of your 15 minutes left, according to my watch. Enjoy!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

-- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics

160 North State Road #203 Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net

Phil Hobbs

Spartan + artsy = spartsy.

Couldn't find the HP-35 though.

--
Cheers,
James Arthur

So, what would famous+artsy be?

Bob

Reply to
BobW

The blogger guy clipped my photo to make room for the ads.

The HP35 is, sadly, retired. It got flakey after 40 years. Pity, it would still be my favorite calculator if it worked right. The "new" HP35 is awful, a sad parody of the original.

The 32 SII is OK. But nobody really needs a programmable calculator.

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Juvenile.

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

My '45 still works, sorta (haven't bothered to try to fix the power switch). I bought the 35S about four years ago and while it's not the original, it's better than any other calculator currently in production.

I have the 11C emulator (HP code running on the HP/Android simulator) for my cell phone. I love it, except buttons just don't feel the same.

There's a free programmable for the Android, too. I'd rather have the simpler

11C.
Reply to
krw

I beg to differ. While "big" programs are these days best done on PCs, I still find it quite useful to be able to find parallel resistor values using two keystrokes rather than, e.g., 1/x SWAP 1/x + 1/x -- five keystrokes. I still have a ton of little programs like this that reduce, say, 5-15 keystrokes down to 2 or 3 -- it's really quite nice.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

In RPN, you hit r1 1/x r2 1/x + 1/x

which is four function keys. On a programmable calc, you have to locate and invoke the program, then hit r1 enter r2 enter which sounds worse to me.

I write PowerBasic programs for stuff like resonant circuits or RTD temperatures or whatever. They are permanent (don't depend on some specific calculator) and portable (run on any PC) and are commented/documented.

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

I think I see a tablet in your future if they get around to porting PowerBasic to it. :-)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Maybe they can port it so it runs in a browser!

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany