Home at last!?

Greetings!

Sorry for the delay in writing. It's been busy with "visitors", lately. It was good seeing all of you -- looking forward to April!

I made the Doppler additions to the demo you saw. You should be able to play with it on your existing hardware. There's a ReadMe that explains the controls.

I started porting the OS to a small ARM development board. Goal is to make sure there are no big "gotcha's" before moving the designs to foil. Having to redo *one* would be annoying; redoing ALL of them would just be depressing! :<

I've also been reexamining the VM scrubbing code. The synchronous implementation may be more deterministic but it seems like it's less *efficient* (well, you know what I mean...). I may try to move that to the Dx thread at some cost in *real* efficiency (though a net gain in *perceived* efficiency). I will explore the options as I port that bit of code to this development board.

[Though I still consider the Dx thread somewhat dubious... OTOH, I can't see any other way around it (besides the offline option we discussed -- and it's drawbacks!)]

I also updated the _MMU Exploits_ document in an attempt to make it more specific/pertinent by eliding those items that aren't directly used by the OS. Comments welcome. (it still retains a "general" tone so I will need to make it even more *specific* -- with concrete examples per *this* implementation).

Watch your doorsteps -- dropping a box of goodies in the mail to each of you this afternoon. I'll leave it to each of you to sort out how they get shared in your families -- or not! ;-) I imagine kiddies will be disappointed (but spouses, not! :> )

Let me know if Vegas or SoCal in April. I'd also be happy to let it slip to May (all the recent visitors have me WAY behind! Still a few more "obligations" to address before I can get back to life as usual...). Much later than May would probably invalidate Vegas as an option (?)

Good seeing you all!

--don

P.S. Managed to harvest the Valencias the other day. Some 160 pounds on that one tree! Already juiced about 7 gallons and still have several bags of fruit left. But, *nowhere* near as sweet as the juice from the Navels that you had while here.

Reply to
Don Y

Argh! Sorry, too many windows open at the same time -- pasted email and USENET posts in the wrong windows (so, now I have to go explain an "odd" email to several people.. :< )

AIOE apparently doesn't support cmsg's (?)

Reply to
Don Y