Hamamatsu is finally selling those nice MEMS PMTs

I talked with the Hamamatsu rep about some PMT modules for a customer, and lo and behold, they're selling these:

H12400-00-01 1 to 9 $581

Beautiful to look at. I might have to buy one to play with.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Nice, I don't suppose you got a price for the one with the built in HV supply.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Nah, I'm a PMT bias supply snob. Some emitter followers on the dynodes improves PMT linearity a great deal, like 15 dB less two-tone, third order IMD near maximum output. (You want PNPs, as Joerg pointed out to me.) ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Sweet.

I wish I could have had those in '80 for a photon-counting OTDR. Oh well.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Looks like they still won't sell the tube itself.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The p/n I posted is the tube plus resistor string, right. I've wanted to be Hamamatsu's racing division for awhile now. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

I'd vote for you, (mostly meaninglessness) you probably need a Japanese front man.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

meaninglessly... I mis-spelled it. GH