master-slave flip flop vs edge triggered flip flop.

Speaking of flip-flops, you might enjoy this:

John

[snip]

Delighted!

Hopefully Al Franken's candidacy will be damaged.

...Jim Thompson

Page 4.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

A more verbose version -- using full RTL (that's Resistor Tube Logic):

Tim

Tim Williams

"John Larkin" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I know, I know. But as I wanted to stay politically correct I could not say so :)

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Why? I thought he was running for 'The biggest idiot on earth'?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth\'s aluminum foil beanie for the \'global warming\'
sheep.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yes... but only in Minnesota...

...Jim Thompson

He's already won everywhere else.

Air America is some piece of work, eh?

--
Keith
Reply to

I ran into this dilemma when using 74LS76's and 74LS76A's for a student lab. The TI datasheet is at:

This chip comes in two versions, master-slave (74LS76), and negative edge triggered 74LS76A). The description at the beginning tells you that when the clock is high, J.K inputs are loaded into the master. On the high-low transition the outputs are transferred to the slave. The end result is that your data must be stable for while the clock is high (master-slave version), whereas it must be stable for one "setup time" (20ns for 74LS76A) before the negative clock transition. Most people would want the edge triggered version, keeping inputs stable while clock is high (master-slave) would be more of a pain.

-Paul

Reply to
Paul