lustige eBay-Beschreibung

Artikelnummer: 200640649304

Zitat: "Wir haben es gestern ausprobiert: Es funktioniert, aber nach ca. 2 Minuten fing es an zu stinken! Wir haben schnell den Stecker rausgezogen und es fotografiert - schnell bei Ebay rein mit dem Ding. Soll sich ein anderer die Bude abfackeln!"

Reply to
Stefan Heimers

Sorry this went to the wrong group, it should have gone to a german speaking group.

Short translation: "The radio stinks when turned on, someone else should burn his house with it, that's why we sell it on ebay."

Stefan Heimers wrote:

Reply to
Stefan Heimers

ing

. 2

Idiomatic translation:

Subject: Funny eBay listing

"We tried this yesterday. It worked, but after about 2 minutes it started to stink! We jerked out the plug and quickly photographed it

-- straight to eBay with the thing! Let someone else burn _his_ joint down with it."

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

That's a pretty good translation. Did you live in Europe or how did you learn German?

Anyhow, at least this EBay seller is honest :-)

Reminds me of an antique waffle iron my wife bought at a yard sale. We don't like to just display antique stuff but use it. Lo and behold it worked. For about 4-5 wonderfully fluffy waffles. Then ... *PHOOMP* ... flames shot out the back, literally.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

And the 'Joerg' curse strikes once again! ;-)

Michael A. Terrell

Most of the time I am rather lucky with "Geriatronics". I've got some gear that is truly antique and still in use here. Things you can't buy anymore such as grid dip meters, a 1961 Hammond organ, and so on.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

eaking

ld

ca. 2

gen

in

I learned it in one semester, junior year, high school, because we were moving. Thereafter, two little neighbor tutors in Nuernberg-- Marion and Monika--6 and 4 years old, giggled at my gaffes, corrected me, and taught me important words like "katzendreck ".

Flame broiling--that's a feature.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

speaking

Flammkuchen ;-) ...Jim Thompson

speaking

2

I have two grid dip meters, and my church has a Hammond B3 with a Leslie speaker.

Michael A. Terrell

speaking

2

I've got two dip meters as well. These:

Of course the HD-1250 doesn't have a grid anymore.

Our Hammond is the M100 but no Leslie. I got it as a basket-case and it took a solid 20h of work to get the TG going. It'll never reach perfection again because the bearings are probably a little damaged. But it's a piece of American history and had to be preserved.

At church the electronic organ is barely used, mostly they play the grand piano. When I told our pastor that I miss organ music he said that's because of my age :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

speaking

I have 3 dippers - a Measurements model 59, a Millen (model ?, not gonna dig it out to look) and a Kenwood. Can't remember the last time I used one.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

I have one of the early HP 200AB Audio Oscillators, which still works. I had only to replace the rotted line cord about five years ago.

I have a grid dip meter I built about fifty years ago. It uses a 9002 triode with a "resistor line cord" supplying the heater voltage and a selenium rectifier for the plate voltage. With a set of seven plug-in coils, it covers up to UHF.

One of the more useful functions is its use to measure capacitors. I made a "hairpin loop" of wire with alligator clips at each end. When attached to an unknown value capacitor and its resonant frequency measured, a simple graph gives the capacitor's value.

It seems the days of "home brew" instruments is long gone. You can't even buy kits anymore. :-(

--
Virg Wall, P.E., K6EVE
Reply to

speaking

ca. 2

You know, I have to ask my sister if she still has my B3. Parents bought it for me back in high school, but it was definitely not very portable. Last I remember, my sister had 'inhereited' it. It had a very bad tendancy for the keys to break off, and I never could figure out how to disassemble it to repair or replace them, even after watching a tech do it once!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

I sure hope you used a genuine cloth-clad cord with matching color scheme :-)

Since I got this Signalhound analyzer and a tracking generator for it that function was wrestled away from my dip meter. It can show the resonance to within a few Hertz. Luckily dip meters aren't unionized.

Huh? Sure you can:

A client of mine needed a fairly unusual thingamagic lately and I pointed one of the Ramsey kits out to them. Fit perfectly, but someone had to sit down and solder it together. That one didn't have a factory-assembled option.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

speaking

ca. 2

Sometime in the late '60s for me. I prefer a good signal generator, a resistor and either a RMS or RF voltmeter. I used the method to troubleshoot some IF filters, and a VCO with a silver on glass inductor. it can also be used to troubleshoot shorts on PC boards.

Michael A. Terrell

I have a military version, the TS-382F. It was built with bathtub capacitors, and every one of them is leaky.

I've worked to 11 GHZ, where a dipper is useless. :)

You can buy some interesting, uncased items to build test equipment, like the DDS modules I have a couple with the Analog Devices 8950 DDS. They sell for under $10 o Ebay. I also have one of these on it's way:

Michael A. Terrell

speaking

ca. 2

rausgezogen

All the equipment can be a wee problem when on a ladder to adjust something at an antenna. Chances are they'll sing Finnegan's Wake the next day :-)

In a remote location or on the road nothing beats the ease of use of a dip meter. To younger readers: No, you cannot get these as an iPhone app.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Au contraire, it's just on the web. Example:

I made an improved version--dual range, lower parasitic errors, LCD panel meter--for some quick SMPS inductor measurements. Works better than expected; it's gotten good use.

Another:

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

speaking

ca. 2

rausgezogen

I have a Millen and an Eico.

So? A FET Dipper is just as good, and is easy to battery power.

The bearings are availible, if you are willing to do the work.

Just because you were on a first name basis with the people who wrote the songs in the 1600s is no reason for him to insult you!!! ;-)

Michael A. Terrell

speaking

should

ca. 2

rausgezogen

ein

The equipment is smaller than either of the old grid dip meters, and battery powered.

Michael A. Terrell