Lithium batteries, not worth it

Up to a very small point, consider:

1) There aren't enough plants to absorb excess CO2 at the rate required to match the current (or future) excess emissions. 2) As mentioned, plants need CO2 to live, but give them too much and the vital nutrients they produce, become depleted. These include iron, zinc, and vitamin C. 3) Overall, FACE experiments show decreases in whole plant water use of 5-20% under elevated CO2. This in turn can have consequences for the hydrological cycle of entire ecosystems, with soil moisture levels and runoff both increasing under elevated CO2 (Leakey et al. 2009). [ed. increasing the potential for flooding, landslides, et alia] 4) Crop concentrations of nutritionally important minerals including calcium, magnesium and phosphorus may also be decreased under elevated CO2 (Loladze 2002; Taub & Wang 2008) 5) With elevated CO2, protein concentrations in grains of wheat, rice and barley, and in potato tubers decreased by 10 to 15 percent in one study.

Scott Lurndal

and we think a 200 mile range in an Electric car is good :) 24 miles at approx 60mph with a pilot and a "load" of 23kg.

Reply to
alan_m

The miles per gallon figures are shown on the screen. 44mpg and from

1980 when they removed all seats, except the drivers seat, removed the spare wheel, removed carpets, taped up any cracks in the bodywork etc. etc. to obtain the mileage figures.
Reply to
alan_m

100% downside. Sounds improbable to me.

But more CO2 is going to happen. China and India and Africa will see to that. They aren't going to stay poor for our convenience.

24 miles is now "epic" and "historic."

As a matter of fact... My brother said aeroplane but he was an aeronautical engineer Do you say Aerobus?

Reply to
rbowman

Where are you getting those numbers from and what fails ?

Reply to
Rod Speed

That's mad.

Reply to
Rod Speed

But it's still doable. And it shows it had a 77 litre tank. That's large. I've never had more than a 50 litre tank, except perhaps in a Range Rover. That only got 11mpg though.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Then he had more brains than you.

Surely an airnautical engineer? Mustn't confuse the poor little Americans.

That's a name of a manufacturer. They made a name they thought would sell. Probably thinking of the Merkin market.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Salt water batteries and Quantum batteries are far superior once they get into production. Lithium is nearing the end of it's life cycle.

For now I stick with lead acid for anything large. Lithium is for torches.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Depends on your needs. When we had two cars, if one had half that range it would be good. The other car could get by with it 11 months of the year.

Reply to
Ed P

Further, CO2 levels aren't well correlated with the projected mean global temperature when you're talking million year periods.

Reply to
rbowman

From mining claims, which make a public record of sites and estimated quantity. Since no one wants to bother to claim 'uneconomic' discoveries, they aren't a matter of public record until the price (and technology) to profit from 'em arrives. So, it's often gonna be the case that there's no registered source for twenty years from now, for almost any mineral.

It's a flawed statistic (when Pennsylvania was the US oil reserve, it was predictable that we'd be out of the stuff about a century ago) that is often trotted out to impress investors.

Reply to
whit3rd

Not so. The refusal to debate is normal in science, only lawyers use the debate game to hone their skills. When looking for truth, debate is flawed: it encourages various sophistries that we know to be invalid arguments.

Reply to
whit3rd

No its not. We do know that the world's climate was perfectly adequate for the animals and plants around at the time,

The most you can claim is that that scenario did support some much more massive animals than the current climate does.

Reply to
Rod Speed

In the Uk our Police helicopters carry high end Infra Red cameras on stabilised platforms.

Reply to
alan_m

You could dump the entire 93,628 square miles in eastern Montana and only the prairie dogs would notice.

Reply to
rbowman

The past tense is correct.

Thanks a lot for bringing Africans to North America.

Reply to
rbowman

To a point...

rbowman