Battery charger for alkaline batteries - worth it?

Just thought I'd post here and seek some opinions on this charger:

I have charged alkaline batteries in my current charger a number of times over the years - there are inherent risks in doing so, of course. I'm tempted to buy the above charger, or one similar to it.

Reply to
Jeßus

underneath :

Dunno about that one but Iv tried others in the past and none give any proper capacity. Why would you bother now - with hybrid NiMh rechargeables easily obtainable? These have far better capacity, longevity, lack of self discharge that you could expect from forcing alkalines. Bit more expensive than plain NiMh but by far the best bet. C+

Reply to
Charlie+

Thanks. Yes, true enough about modern rechargeable, it's just that I seem to use a lot of AA/AAA batteries for wireless mice, remotes, etc. and for some reason I also seem to still accumulate alkalines, even though I haven't bought any for many years!

Reply to
Jeßus