is there any rs323 standard?

and if you google for 'rs standards' you will see what is in use these days rw

Reply to
Ryan Weihl

Never heard of RS323 and the only references I can find to it are typo's actually referring to RS232. What have you seen it in?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

I do, using MAX232 and the likes. But this triggered a question you might know the answer to: RS-422 defines an A and a B signal and the idle state (logical 1) is defined as A negative to B. Why is it that EVERY RS-422/485 driver in the world has it the other way around?

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

If he'd answer my question "What have you seen it in?" we'd know whether he's typo'd or whatever and there'd be no need for further debate. (Big hint Rafi - any clues??).

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor