IC Identification Help (SMD Marking 651+, or maybe G51+), SOT-23-6

Hey,

I've got a bad part that I'm trying to find a replacement for... but I can' t seem to find out what the original part is. It looks to be a SOT-23-6, w ith a marking of 651+, or maybe G51+ (I don't see any brand marking on it). It's definitely bad... smoke was coming from the part, and it's very toas ty.

Looking at the circuit, my best guess is that it's some sort of transistor. .. with pins 1, 2, and 5 connected together to a copper pour, going to one pin of a transformer. Pins 4 and 6 are also connected together to a wide t race (maybe the power input?). Then pin 3 is connected to a thin trace, go ing elsewhere on the board (maybe control signal of some sort?). None of t he pins are connected to GND.

Here are a couple pics... one of the chip (with marking visible), and one o f the pads with the chip removed.

Any ideas what this part is? I tried searching various SMD marking sites, but couldn't find any match.

Thanks, Pat

Reply to
pdaderko

Try a datasheet site with a "included within" string search option ?

Reply to
N_Cook

Yeah, I've searched datasheet sites... but I don't think the part number ac tually includes 651 or G51. Typically small surface mount components put s ome marking on them, which doesn't actually correspond to its part number. There are quite a few sites that have SMD marking tables, but I haven't fo und a match. I was hoping maybe someone knew of better SMD marking sites t han I do, or recognized a part in that package that would be connected like this.

Thanks, Pat

Reply to
pdaderko

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 23:42:40 -0700 (PDT) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in Message id: :

Could it be a PZT651 Mot SOT223 npn 60V 1A?

Reply to
JW

Aha! I think I found it. It looks to be an NDC651N MOSFET. That was diff icult to find because they have so many different package names that are th e same thing. I was searching mostly for SOT-23-6, or SOT-26, but they cal l it a SSOT-6 (and others call it a Micro6, TSOP-6, etc).

Unfortunately, it looks like the part is obsolete, though I can still get i t from China or Hong Kong... if I want to wait a month for it (like:

pdaderko

I get the impression,generally for SMD codings, that if the code is 2 or

3 characters, including punctuation or graphics or inverted or other alphabet characters then a SMD code. If 3 or more only regular letters and numbers then a curtailed part of a long part number, generally excluding maker part and package part
Reply to
N_Cook

Quick update... the parts arrived from Digikey today, and I replaced the NDC651N with the SI3454ADV-T1-E3 (pin 6 bent up and over to pin 5), and it worked great.

Pat

Reply to
pdaderko

Hi dear pat is it for FSH3 spectrum analyzer? I have a problem with it. if you have any information about it, please tell me. thank you very much keivan

Reply to
k1keivani