is there any rs323 standard?

hi frenz, plz tell me that is there any cable which follow rs323 standard? if present tell me about rs323. thank you

Reply to
rafi

You mean rs232 don't you. Google it up. Of course Googling rs323 will not give anything useful.

Reply to
slebetman

The first result on Google seems very helpful:

slebetman

no man what I mentioned is RS323 only not RS232.thanks for your reply.

Reply to
rafi

Well... RS only stands for Recommended Standard. The actual standard referred to is the EIA and/or TIA standard. Like RS 232 and RS 485 are actually formally defined as EIA 232 and EIA 485. So, with this in mind I went to TIA's website:

just for fun. And lo and behold, there is a standard EIA 323 but I don't think it's really what rafi wants:

EIA-323: Air-Convection-Cooled, Life Test Environment for Lead-Mounted Semiconductor Devices

OK, so the answer to rafi's original question, YES there is a standard number 323. But NO, there are no such cables which follows this standard :-P

:-D

Reply to
slebetman

What do you think the test environments are built with, string?

(and duct tape, of course)

Reply to
cs_posting

Funny... Of course the test environment may have cables. But its the test environment (or lead-mounted semiconductor devices? Don't know, didn't read the standard) that conforms to the standard. Not the cables :-D

Reply to
slebetman

If you knew what it is built with, you MIGHT have posted something useful instead of smart-assed nonsense.

The OP is clearly not aware of which Standard is wanted, but 232 is the best bet.

Most, if not all, of the 232 series of RSs and Standards, offer some insight to the interconnecting cable "requirements," but they are included in an appendix, which is an *Information Only* portion of the document. It does not provide any absolute requirements.

My latest 232 document is ANSI/EIA/TIA-232-E-1991. If the OP will clearly state what info is needed, I will look it up for him. Or you can order a later one from ANSI.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

I guess OP is saying RS423 or RS422.

Reply to
Jack// ani

And if you'd read the content (context) it's clear he does NOT want RS323.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

No such thing as RS323 standard. Even Google, when queried on RS323 gives results for RS232, and it is obvious that where the text "RS323" occurs in the Google results, that it is an error that should read "RS232". So mention RS323 all you want; will do you no good.

Reply to
Robert Baer

To split a hair: RS denotes a recommended standard, not a "Standard." Most everyone accepted the material in the early 232 documents AS Standard, however.

The type of connector, pin placement/alignment, dimensions, and pin assignments are all, definitely part of the Standard.

Reply to
Don Bowey

RS423 did exist for a while.

--
Tony Williams.
Reply to

And I designed the MC1488 and MC1489 to the RECOMMENDED STANDARD RS232, which is rarely ever followed now-a-days :-(

How many out there now actually do ±10V signaling ??

...Jim Thompson

I think only those parts numbered xx1488 and xx1489

I don't know, I never did any 422/485, but I've done a lot of 1553 and some other MIL-differential the number of which I can't recall, and LVDS which is yet another breed of weirdness.

...Jim Thompson

And if you'd read the OPs responses, you wouldn't have thought he was talking about RS232. He said he MEANS RS323, which no one, and not even Noone, knows anything about.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

Note also he wondered "if there is any real standard to RS-xxx". Either it's standard or it's not, by the very definition of its designation. And whether or not he got the number right, he did include the "RS" part, which does indicate a standard.

And given the wording of the original post, something about pinouts, it does indicate a serial or parallel port, whatever the exact number.

Which actually reinforces the case that he was talking RS-232. Isn't that just about the signal, with the actual lines not being part of the standard? Certainly, the pinout of RS-232 connectors is not part of the standard.

ONe does indeed often have to read the questions and try to figure out what the poster is asking, rather than providing a literal answer.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

This is what the OP rafi ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) responded to those posted replies about RS232:

"no man what I mentioned is RS323 only not RS232.thanks for your reply."

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

And from the original post: "plz tell me that is there any cable which follow rs323 standard? if present tell me about rs323."

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Don, You haven't been following this have you?? There's a reason I posted the smart assed nonsense. My FIRST response was:

!!!

which the op promptly replied:

So I then gave him what he wanted: EIA323!

Reply to
slebetman