Arbitrary Waveform Generators

My AWG makes for a great sinewave function generator :->

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Don't these things just kick ordinary, boring, sine/square sig-gens into the long grass? Let's face it: the ability to actually 'draw' the waveform you want to apply to a circuit/stage is just the best thing since Wilkins' Tiptree Orange Marmalade! C'mon! It is, isn't it?

p.

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin\'d" - William Blake
Reply to

"Paul Burridge" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

The problem, tough guy, is that as the complexity of a waveform increases its repetition rate decreases, on a AWG. If you need high speed waveforms then you'd better be able to settle for squarewaves -- unless you've got big bucks to spend. For low speed waveforms they're great.

If you don't believe me, just ask me.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

No worries as long as they are as cheap as normal sine generators and as long as they reach the same frequencies.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

The don't have enough bits in the DAC. If you are testing 24 bit ADCs you need something at least that good in the AWG.

Even when making a constant frequency square wave, the phase jitter in the HP one I use is a lot more than the Stanford Research generator.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith