high voltage safety

So, how would I search for it?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

C'mon, John, you know why. He is the famous AlwaysWrong and a host of other nyms AKA Jack Shepard of Vista, CA. (unless he changed his name and moved)

Reply to
John S

No, I don't. He goes out of his way to look like a fool. He could check Wikipedia or something before making stupid statements about skin depth and stuff, but he doesn't.

And he always comes back for more. Why?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Here is a simulation of a shock collar circuit as used for dog training. You can use a 555 or a simple oscillator to drive the MOSFET. Make the transformer small enough that it limits the power as needed:

There are plenty of sources for high voltage low current supplies. Perhaps a circuit for a xenon flash tube:

Here are lots of HV supplies as kits or complete:

You might also be able to get parts and ideas from inexpensive shock collars, tazers, TENS units, electronic bug zappers, ionizers, and insulation testers.

Paul

Reply to
P E Schoen

On Sat, 16 May 2015 21:09:46 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

No, retarded child... It smooths a square wave, and increases efficiency.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 16 May 2015 21:09:46 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

Sorry, I don't read crap notes, and you are the retard who disses data sheets. and NASA, and the space shuttle. You know, the folks who bought and used some of my supplies.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 16 May 2015 21:09:46 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

Try operating it without the choke on the primary center tap. Good luck getting decent efficiency.

And I'll bet it was not your design too. You had help.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 16 May 2015 21:10:46 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

Use a decent news server, and the Thompson retard's "list".

Google's retarded excuse for a news archive does not have the binary groups, so don't even bother hunting there.

Also, you must have DL'd it to critique it the way you did (back then), so it *should be* in your news archive as well.

But the JohnnyTard is so stupid that he deletes a simple thing like that too, eh? I still have my ABSE archive, even though *this* server doesn't carry it. Mainly because I am not stupid, like you are.

You are truly a simpleton. Go slop up some circuit boards with your solvent bath, child.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 16 May 2015 23:14:36 -0500, John S Gave us:

Are you really so retarded as to take the location of the cox hub as my address?

I never lived in Vista, dumbfuck. And "Jack Shephard" is a character from the TV show "Lost". It doesn't get much dumber than you. You are so stupid, you cannot even spell it right.

I lived in Oceanside, just as I stated. Right next door to Pendleton.

The guys my work helped to keep safe, and by proxy, idiots like the JohnnyTard as well.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Sketch a circuit and we'll talk about it, with numbers. This is an electronics discussion group.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

It runs square wave. The first inductor is just an EMI filter bead. Note the bypass caps on the primary CT, after that bead. There are no sine waves anywhere.

The ferrite bead inductors in this circuit *reduce* efficiency a little.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

John, he does not understand the mechanism. He thinks the inductor supplies the sine wave. He does not understand the principle of resonance, ringing, limiting current, etc.

But... you know that he doesn't.

Reply to
John S

On Mon, 18 May 2015 07:31:30 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

Bullshit.. It is far more efficient than that, you stupid f*ck.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Mon, 18 May 2015 07:31:30 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

Can you really be that retarded?

What is written atop the output of it?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

This cites numbers like 6 mA DC and 10 joules as the beginning of hazard. That shouldn't be hard to meet in a small 1KV supply.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I guess you could do a hard half-bridge variable duty cycle drive into a series resonant transformer primary. That would make a lot of primary voltage for free. Maybe use a uP as the controller.

But I don't understand this Fear of Flybacks. It can make a really simple, efficient regulated converter. Well, a little noisy maybe.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Den mandag den 18. maj 2015 kl. 19.52.37 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

I just looked up an electric fence, 6-9kV peak voltage several sizes from 0.1 to 6.5 Joule

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

What's the efficiency?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

That LDO would work fine with its 2 volt reference. It doesn't need 5 volts. Why run the inputs at 5 volts?

One big problem with that circuit is the input bias current range of the UC3832. That will make the HV uncertain by hundreds of volts. The opamp could have been used to fix that, but it wasn't.

What's the output load range? What's the V_ADJ range?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On 18 May 2015 18:41:04 -0700, Winfield Hill Gave us:

He is wrong and you are stupid for listening to him. Especially with your background.