Unstable power supply voltage output.

Hi!

I have a Princeton VL1812 LCD Monitor which won't start due to a failing power supply. I've measured the +12V output of the power supply and it fluctuates violently between 11 and 13 volts without a load attached. The +5V line is stable (w/o a load). When connected to the monitor, both the +5V and the +12V lines drop significantly below their values (more than 70%). I connected a regular ATX power supply to the monitor and it started just fine.

***

I can't seem to find this power supply anywhere online in order to buy it. Can you please suggest a way to find a similar/compatible power supply.

Can you use FCC's site (or some other site) to search for compatible parts? If so, how does one exactly do it? Do you have an idea of what the max current ratings for the +12V and the +5V would be?

Thanks!

Reply to
Factor21

get a reasonable off the shelf 12/5 v supply used in external scsi drives and such. they usually have output abt 4 amps capacity. cannibalizing can usually find something even cheaper. most run from 110ac too.

just do some creative wire splicing.

much cheaper than exact propietary replacement expense.

Reply to
hapticzee

almost sounds like bad caps to me?

Real Programmers Do things like this.