Output monitor of high voltage module

Hi all,

I have recently come across a problem regarding high voltage modules. Having looked at the Ultravolt 10A-25A modules it mentions:

=E2=80=9CThe 10A=E2=86=9225A Series features a 1000:1 voltage monitor. The = monitor has an output impedance calibrated for use with a 10 Meg=E2=84=A6 input impedan= ce meter. Overall accuracy is =C2=B12.5% with a temperature coefficient of =C2=B1200 ppm per =C2=B0C=E2=80=9D.

I am actually in need of a Voltage readback using 12 bit ADC (ie ~

4000:1 needed) giving a 0 to full scale, for 0 to maximum voltage. The +/-2.5% error can be cancelled at the input (0-5V input generating 0-10KV output) or at the voltage monitor output.

So should I just abandon the use of the voltage monitor and use a potential divider (along with ADC) to get the accuracy I want. My circuit will be floating on 2KV =E2=80=93 would photo-transistors be the way to go for isolation purposes (and if so where could they be best utilised)?

Any help on the above issues would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ozzy.

Reply to
ozzy

The monitor has

edance

e way

I'd take that 10Meg output, provide a 10Meg resistor together with a fet input opamp in a voltage follower configuration.

Rene

--=20 Ing.Buero R.Tschaggelar -

& commercial newsgroups -

Rene Tschaggelar