--
 Thanks,
    - Win
Reply to
Winfield Hill

Do the math.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

John, there has to be a more interesting conversation. See my new thread, Programmable tracking pulse supply.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Where's that thread?

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Good catch- 390K into an input with a bias current of -4.5uA max

-1.1uA typical and a reference of 2.00V results in a huge variation.

Not only unit-to-unit but it probably varies enormously with temperature as the beta of the front-end transistors changes.

Just the kind of schematic one tends to find on the Internets.

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Well, it's might be good enough for a bug zapper.

Reply to
JW

I had to create it first! Just posted.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

For very small bugs.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Well, it is sometimes fun to play the game "what's wrong with this circuit?"

There are more things.

OK, but I probably won't be able to play my game. Party pooper.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

^^ Oops.

Mosquitoes!

Reply to
JW

There are people here who can't tell "its" from "it's".

There is a newsgroup dedicated to the subject.

alt.possessive.its.has.no.apostrophe

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I just checked my newgroup directory on Astraweb and it wasn't there, so I subscribed to alt.gullible instead.

Reply to
JW

I believe that.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On Tue, 19 May 2015 03:54:03 -0700 (PDT), Klaus Kragelund Gave us:

It is over in the alt.retards.who.cant.back.up.their.bullshit group.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Tue, 19 May 2015 08:09:50 -0400, Spehro Pefhany Gave us:

First off, idiot, IF you had looked at it, you would note that the reference is NOT 2 volts.

You are a goddamned retard.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

What's the max output current?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Valid point, but it's still **horrible**. >26% variation from that alone.

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

It doesn't matter what the ref voltage is. The HV drifts by

(delta Ib) * 1e8

which looks to be hundreds of volts.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On Tue, 19 May 2015 09:44:59 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

Look at the secondary winding wire size, and the multiplier caps, and do some math, pussy.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

OK, you don't know. You don't know anything about this schematic, not a single fact. Where did you poach it from?