Hi, why transitors have 3 legs?

Fun to watch the name callers.

You are what they currently refer to as "bullies". You personality was formed, in your case, when you got so full of yourself in college.

The moniker you have always deserved still fits you, since it always has.

You are an immature retard.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

"Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers" is mature somehow?

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

A "leg" in an AC power system is an abstraction, equivalent to "node" or "phase". Physicaly, it could be a wire, a bus, a transmission line, or a line on a drawing.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom laser drivers and controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation

Or a lead on a transformer. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Big transformers have legs, but they are welded to the enclosure and sit on the ground.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Yawn. I don't get paid for my time, and your time is as worthless as you are.

Then report me to MS and wait for the lawsuit when they see a valid COA on every computer, including the ones running Linux.

More stupidity from the janitor's closet. If you had a real job, you would know about corporate & OEM licensing where someone like Dell legally produces thousands of identical systems, all with the same product code. All you need is a Dell Bios & product code that was licensed to them (for that OS) to reinstall the operating system.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Take a look at any manufacturer's package drawings. You'll find that there is a 0.015" to 0.060" gap between the underside of the body, and the seating plane, where the step in each pin is. They sit on the steps.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

have

;-)

The ones around my house look more like they're sitting on their ass; no visible legs. OTOH, the two legs from the transformer come into the basement, twice.

Reply to
krw

Is coming here your main goal of the day?

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Ummm... no.

No. You are just showing us exactly where your character is at. You lack any at all. You prove it with nearly every subsequent post you make.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

ALL terminology is, idiot.

Not your call. You are too stupid to even recognize its use, so now you want us to put credence in your remarks about where it got used and why?

You are a true idiot.

No shit. You have succeeded in proving that you have been wrong this entire time.

File that in whatever LEG of your "got beaten down yet again" area of your file archives. Oh, the entire archive is comprised of just that material.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

have

Wrong attribution.

And those would be referred to as stantions, you pathetic worm.

When someone talks about ATTACHING a conductor to a LEG, they are talking about electrical nodes, not mechanical framework.

You are beyond pathetic.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

No, itisn't it ALWAYS means that the memory capacity is higher.

Again bolstering my point.

XP does not run on pre-Pentium systems.

Makes folks wonder what happened to you.

I could have a 20 IQ and still be four orders of magnitude more intelligent than you are.

I do not let teeth rot in my head for three decades before doing anything about them.

That alone has done brain damage to your already bent cranial mass.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

I never once said anything about using it to access Usenet, and have enough brains to know how many of my billions of cycles per second are actually devoted to such a task. Whereas you seem to think that the entire power of the computer would be devoted to such a task.

I'd say that you have zero grasp of what takes place within the computer itself.

Otherwise, you would not have made such an immature post.

My computer, however powerful, will get used on whatever tasks I put it to use on.

Do I really need to worry about the scrutiny of a total retard like you in this regard? I think not.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Don't flatter yourself.

Continue FATTERING yourself, however.The earlier you croak, the better off the world will be.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Really? Give a proper cite, not another of your imaginary pieces of crap.

Here are the original requirements for XP home, which would run on most

98 or ME systems.

Minimum Recommended Processor 233 MHz At least 300 MHz Memory 64 MB of RAM At least 128 MB of RAM

Video adapter and monitor: Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher Hard drive disk free space 1.5 GB or higher Optical drive CD-ROM drive (Only to install from CD-ROM media) Input devices Keyboard, Microsoft Mouse or a compatible pointing device Sound Sound card and Speakers or headphones

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Even if it's older than mine?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Build a machhine? Installing a dozen screws and feeding a dvd drive a couple disks isn't 'building' anything.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You're the one who can't spell.

--