help with German

them

That's like seeing a communist at every turn in the '50s. Whether they exist, or not.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I heard it a lot in the Midwest for the 30 years I lived there.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Do they still make that? Not much call for it, now that the CRT is pretty much dead.

You missed the Borg "Resistance is Futile" connection? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Road surface is what they see when they wake, after drinking way too too much beer.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

DAG is also very useful on photomultipliers--besides electrostatic shielding, it keeps light from ion events from being guided through the glass envelope right onto the photocathode.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

How hard is it to get is small quantities? It used to be supplied in

55 gallon drums.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Aquavit? That would probably get the coating off with ease.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

too.

(in Norway)

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

needed?

Opposite concept:

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Not cheap, but dead easy:

Spehro Pefhany

That looks really hard to type.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

I've always called them something between p'CONs and pe-CONs. ^schwa Many here in the south call them something like PEE-cans (long-E, long-A) but I never heard that in the Midwest. The one I find interesting is soda/pop/sodapop, though that seems to be converging some.

Reply to
krw

They see what used to be the pizza toppings, too. Makes perfect sense.

Reply to
krw

My mother, her sister, and grandmother used to speak Finnish to each other but I believe that was the whole point. We knew how to spell. ;-)

Reply to
krw

If they get run over several times, they could end up as toppings on a 'Road Kill' pizza. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Glad I don't need it anymore. I used to buy the small bottles from General Cement, and the last was bought about 30 years ago.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

   ...Jim Thompson

Rather like the extraordinarily popular English place name "Loose Chippings".

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

er to

Misogynist. The captains wife is the Donaudampfschifffahrtskapitänsgemalin.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

e)

it

er to

Finnish is a linguistic isolate, related only to old Hungarian and Estonian

It's not as isolated as Basque, but it's a close second. There are more obscure languages around, but they don't have millions of speakers, a written literature and dictionaries.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The paint aisle at Ohm Depot, obviously.

Reply to
Ralph Barone