What about these dangling processes?

The one USEnet reader leaves a as shown in lsof, even after I've logged-off-line; which the other reader doesn't.

Since I can see the pid, I can kill some if/when they accumulate.

But what about ssh: [this absurd method of SECURE connection to a 2m/distant rPi] ====

-> ssh -fX pi@192.168.0.2 dillo == pi@192.168.0.2's password: ~:Warning: untrusted X11 forwarding setup failed: xauth key data not generated Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding. paths: Cannot open file '/home/pi/.dillo/dillorc' paths: Using /etc/dillo/dillorc paths: Cannot open file '/home/pi/.dillo/keysrc' paths: Using /etc/dillo/keysrc dillo_dns_init: Here we go! (threaded) Disabling cookies. Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyCan't open display: localhost:10.0

-> exit == closed the TERMINAL which didn't belong to `ssh` !!

-> pgrep ssh = SEVEN!! lsof | grep 27452 ==nX

-> less /proc/27452/cmdline ==nX

You do you see if/what pid:27452 is doing? Why has it collected seven ssh?

How do users who hope to seldom boot, prevent a build up os such garbage/dangling-processes?

PS. this is from the x86PC's side.

Reply to
noSpam