gumdrop source

I wonder that myself. "Small signal", by definition, means operating devices in the linear, i.e. analog region. In reality Nexperia's "small signal" MOSFETs are meant to be used in low-power switching applications, so they should be marketed as "low power" or "low current."

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

Actually, not this time. Cash cow mode was when KKR bought Philips' semiconductor branch, naming it NXP and putting the financial burden of the purchase onto the purchased company itself (I never figured out how that works).

Rather than being sliced up and the parts sold separately, NXP went on to be quite successful and did a stunning performance as publicly traded company. However, the "Standard Products" division (for which I work) was quite obviously always the unloved child of a company that wanted to be big in the "High Performance Mixed Signal" (HPMS) business, whatever that means. I once asked the then freshly appointed CEO Rick Clemmer at a town hall how NXP's HPMS business compared to other HPMS companies, and he said it wasn't really comparable because he mad that term up.

Anyway, it was only logical for HPMS-oriented to divest the ugly duckling "Standard Products" with its even uglier child "General Applications," even though they are doing solid business. We actually contributed above-average to NXP's total 2016 EBIT.

The new investor is a Chinese pension fund, of course 100% state controlled, but from what I heard from other JAC-owned companies they are basically about decade-long strategic investment and not short-term gain. Personally I'm looking forward to working in an environment that is not a slave of the stock chart (and nothing else).

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

I never figured out the BF862. The only way to ever find it on NXPs website was by entering the type name in the search box. No matter from which angle you attacked the various selection guides -- you'd never end up at the BF862.

I've always wanted to research whare the wafers are made. Not in Hamburg, and probably not in Manchester.

I'm sure it's not just a NXP-labelled generic wafer type from some foundry. For that, the specs are too unique.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

I don't see the issue. English has many overloaded words. Context means everything.

Reply to
krw

Have you examined the dual, CPH6904.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I have some, but haven't done any real measurements.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs