Guess what I found

A good workman (the phrase is "craftsman", moron) doesn't use shit tools. Of course, you wouldn't know anything about that.

You are at the top of the bad list, that's for sure, old hag.

Reply to
krw

Oh, I see now. That should work if the tape and glue are thin enough. I'll dig through the 3M catalog when I have time. Thanks.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

--
The questions have you flummoxed, eh?

John fields
Reply to
John Fields

--
Who's able to punch through your veil of deceit and has you jumping
around, resorting to pitiable ad hominem attacks because you can't,

Here, have some more rope...

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

Do you have anything to say about scientific calculators? Do you even have a use for a scientific calculator?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

You really are an old hag. Alzheimer's must be a bitch.

You already tied yourself in knots but your brain is gone so don't see it.

Reply to
krw

--
OK, have it your way.

The point is that a good craftsman, through the use of ingenuity,
can overcome the limitations of the [shit] tools given to him.

That leaves you whining about why haven't tools been crafted to
allow you to release your innate genius.

The answer is, obviously, they have been.

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

The problem is that RPN calculators are clearly superior to algebraic ones, but nobody makes RPNs any more, except for the dreadful HP35S.

There are a bunch of smartphone apps that simulate an RPN calculator, so all is not lost.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

It's not "my way", moron.

You really are a useless old hag.

Reply to
krw

--
So you really _can't_ come up with the names of any of the "very
few" calculators that have decent non-base10 arithmetic?

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

I've never seen one. I do a lot of fractional math in decimal and hex, and I've never seen a handheld calc that does non-integer hex. So I'm always shuttling between decimal and hex, dividing and multiplying by

2^16 or 2^32, and piecing things together. Even simple 2's complement stuff is annoying on most calcs.

PC-based calculators are sometimes better.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

This is cool:

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Cute. Thanks

Reply to
Tom Miller

Xcalc is my calculator for the PC.

Reply to
John S

I like the fractal generators.

iPhone or iPad:

Man, they sure have come a long way.

Remember those seaker cabinet with lights inside and a flourescent diffuser in front "sonic light machine" things?

Now, you can go all out on any TV:

Lotta math in there.

Bob's your uncle.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Someone here recommended it, can't recall who.

I was recently doing a DDS design, with a 64 bit integer + 64 bit fractional binary phase accumulator. TTcalc sure helped.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

You really are a stupid shit. The only one I've used that did a decent job of non-base10 was a Palm app. ...and of course it was algebraic.

Reply to
krw

Doesn't do non-integer binary/hex arithmetic, though. Xcaliber is another decent PC app. I prefer my calculator on the side, though. My PC desktop is always full of other stuff - several layers deep.

Reply to
krw

--
Palm apps being, no doubt, something you're intimately familiar
with. ---

>  ...and of course it was algebraic.
Reply to
John Fields

Typical sophomoric comment from the old hag.

Idiot. RPN calculators existed for Palm. There is no reason they couldn't do a decent job of non-base10 arithmetic.

Wrong. Doesn't do it.

Reply to
krw