Further bandgap troubles

There's an excerpt on, of all places, the ABC Good Morning America site:

I agree with the guy pretty much wholeheartedly.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

I have no idea, but it's the war on drugs that makes them so lucrative.

Legalize all drugs, and the gangs and cartels would simply go out of business.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

No, all I'm saying is that if you have any valid data, show me.

And you've waffled twice.

C'mon, man up! SHOW ME THE DATA! You're acting like a warmingist.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Do you know how to Google? Like Slowman, you won't like any references I would find.

It's no waffle. I simply have no interest in spoon feeding you what you will refuse to believe anyway.

Now be nice!

Reply to
krw

Something you guys have probably not been made aware of is that stoned people are not at all like drunk people. When stoned, most people don't _want_ to go anywhere, or speed, or anything. All they want to do is sit at home and listen to tunes and have some munchies and chill.

And if they _do_ drive, you can distinguish the high ones by their excessive paranoid cautiousness:

Officer: "Do you know how fast you were going back there?" Stoner: "Uh, no, sir." Officer: "SEVEN MILES AN HOUR!!!!!"

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

Eek! I'm sorry to hear of your distress. I've always loved pumpkin pie, and squash, and all manner of vegetables, but my Mom was a farmer's daughter, and we lived on a 10-acre wooded lot with about an acre veggie garden off the front yard; when the season was right, I'd tag along with Mom while she went through the woods and picked wild asparagus.

I even like BRUSSELS SPROUTS! =:-O

But never got a taste for baked beans, for some reason, unless they're in chili, or red beans and rice. :-)

We used to go into the garden and pick peas and eat them right on the spot.

Oh, and of course, Mom was a fantastic cook.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I talked to a guy last night that I was in the Army with in the '70s. he told me that he still has the color bar generator I used to transmit our station ID in color at that B&W only military TV station.

Have you read:

I picked up a couple copies the other day but haven't had time to read it yet. I was waiting for my new glasses.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Drunks do *exactly* the same.

Reply to
krw

But, you're still getting the Playboys, right? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Newsgroup Wacko

Yes, but I'm not about to waste my time looking up something you claim to know, but refuse to present.

Put up or shut up.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

You don't want to admit that you're a druggie.

Why? Again, you wouldn't be convinced; a waste of time.

Reply to
krw

That's not at issue here.

You won't present AHY documentation to back up your claims; how can you possibly know whether I'd be convinced when you consistently refuse to present _anything_?

You're just weaseling.

Again, Put up or shut up. If you have anything factual, I will be convinced. Until then, you're just another warmingist in neocon clothing.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

It's the reason you're a denier; would refuse any evidence I would give.

No, I don't see the point in wasting my time looking up any research, for you. You won't give it any credence.

Nope. Have no interest in doing research for someone who has already made up his mind otherwise.

You're a liar.

Reply to
krw
[snip]
[snip]

I've been leery of follow-up books that weren't written by Sarah. "Going Rogue" is definitely written from the heart, her own ramblings about the nasties of real-world politics. Let me know if Hilley's book is an honorable rendition. ...Jim Thompson

               I can see November from my house :-)

Show me, and find out, rather than making proclamations as to what I might or might not beleive.

Quit waffling and show me, or shut the f*ck up,

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Evidence? Your total nonsense on tobacco.

Refusing your dance does not equal waffling.

Reply to
krw

It was published by Zondervan, a Christian publishing company.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

People always mis-read me, equating me with the Christian Right... for me, an avowed atheist, that's a negative :-) ...Jim Thompson

               I can see November from my house :-)