Further bandgap troubles

I just sent The Brat to Ted's. That was easier.

Hey, we're under aerial attack! Blue and yellow jet fighters are buzzing Van Ness Avenue at low altitude.

John

Don't like pumpkin pie?

Squash done like this is pretty good:

Spehro Pefhany

The Blue Angels? Nice! I wish I was there.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

see

Naaaah! It's Obama's storm troopers looking for legal citizens ;-) ...Jim Thompson

               I can see November from my house :-)

"growing".

Important lessons often are. Too bad no one learns from these lessons and people still die.

design was

chance of

to.

Right. And we're now in the *PHUT* zone, intentionally.

2/3

out of

full.

modulator.

the

isn't

all

SEC

be

of

In Chicago, sure. AM stereo was a waste of transmitter power.

I imagine that your population density is still higher than most of the country.

Lonely but still close to a *lot* of people, in all directions. When I lived in IL the AM band was packed too, even at night the clear channel boomed through. Not so here. Dunno if the background noise is so much higher today or what.

Reply to
krw

I hope they're not trying to stop CA's secession.

Reply to
krw

No. Disgusting stuff.

Open-fire baked, on a board for an hour. Scrape board and eat.

Reply to
krw

There is a *lot* of controversy over that, particularly with the killer-weed that's being grown now. There is good evidence pointing to neurological damage caused by THC.

That are a lot of things that aren't a good idea that also shouldn't be regulated.

Reply to
krw

see

Fleet Week. Saturday is the big show, but they do practice runs all over the city on Thursday and Friday.

Here's some pics I took from our roof a couple of years ago.

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Blue2.jpg

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Blue4.jpg

These are hard to photograph, going maybe 300 MPH a few hundred feet overhead. As they pass, the sound is like the sky being torn apart.

John

No! No! Pecan pie!

Aggghhhhhhhhhh.....

John

Ah. Threw a little chlorine in the gene pool, did we? Those with a penchant to overdose will do so.

Did anyone ever wonder what drove the kid to drugs in the first place? Was he being abused? Was his homelife so intolerable that he needed drugs to escape?

How many people are actually killed by drugs?

How many people are killed by the _war_ on drugs?

And just because there are suicidal nincompoops is no reason to make war on pot smokers. The only thing that makes pot a "gateway drug" is that, when they find out how innocuous and fun it is, they realize how insane the laws against it are, and so if they'd ever had any respect for the authorities, the authorities' credibility goes right down the drain.

No one has ever been killed by marijuana.

But lots of people have been killed by storm troopers.

Which side are you on? Those who seek pleasure and peace, or those who prefer to do violence against the peaceful?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 17:53:07 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: ...

Show me.

Just like the warmingists, the burden of proof is on the accuser.

Just show me this "good evidence..."

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

What?? I pray to differ! But then again, you're a bean eater.

Have you ever had pumpkin pie? Pumpkins are squashes. Haven't you ever roasted a butternut squash, scooped out the flesh, and served it with butter, salt, and pepper? It's delicious! Acorn squash has a little more flavor, but butternut has more meat.

Well, de gustibus non disputandum. ;-)

Happy Eating! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hey, wait a minute! Don't go comparing squash to fried snot! An eggplant is NOT a squash, and a squash is NOT an eggplant. The only difference between eggplant and snot is that kids will eat snot.

Squash, however, is a hearty robust dish that can provide both starch and your daily fruit/vegetable. (technically, it's a fruit, because it's where the seeds are, like a tomato.)

I'd like half the roast beef sandwich and half of that squash. But throw the eggplant in the compost pile, thank you very much.

Reply to
Rich Grise

Nah, CA's only going to secede if the feds start enforcing the immigration laws.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Now I remember what a plonk file is for.

Reply to
Rich Grise

Is anybody watching the warrant overhead numbers closely? Or at least the service folks alerted to look out for anything epidemic?

[...]

It is higher, thanks to SMPS everywhere and CFLs. But it seems your area really is the boonies. Nothing wrong with that, I'd probably like it there. You just have to give up on certain things.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

He had a perfect home and upbringing AFAICT. Plus a nice and very pretty girlfriend. What else would one want? I knew his sister, she was perfectly normal and ran a small business in town, her own.

Lots. The worst are not the ones killed though but the folks with a permanently fried brain. I knew a lot of them. One guy was running around in a space suit all day long and swept the street curbs. Looked funny, but was actually sad to see.

How about the link I posted? That was one example of many. In that one accident alone two innocent people died. Sorry, but that's unacceptable to me.

Those who wish people that smoke pot would not be driving.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Didn't your entire state decide to give up on having electable gubernatorial candidates this year ? :-)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Well, they usually don't.