Four Dead and no Mention Here

so amazed. I get that Trump supporters are very disappointed and even ready to take rash actions to prevent what they see as a miscarriage of justice. I can't imagine someone having drunk the Kool Aid to the point of committi ng treason against the lawful government. I don't know what to do with thos e people either.

building before they were forced out again. I didn't read any details but the reports did mention the mob being armed although the police injuries we re much less than the insurgents suffered. There was mention of explosive a nd incendiary devices found in the area. The National Guard was called in.

ause much harm. I expected the DC community would prevent him from being ef fective at all. The reality is no one has been able to contain the damage t hat man has done and continues to do.

a fail. We are just 13 days from the ultimate dream sweep (Pres, House and a miraculous -COME FROM BEHIND senate victory) and here we are talking abou t how all is lost because of Donald Trump and those awful supporters of his .....And so starts the narrative.....If only those bad people (70 million T rump supports) were not so vile and evil, why we would be able to Usher in Paradise.

he conservatives asses and thinking about how to move the democrat agenda f orward. Instead, already, Trump and his supporters just make it impossible to get anything good done.

believe, whereas , the democrat tries to put the unbelievers into hell on earth ASAP.

You are just really weird. Do you really believe all Democrats are bad peo ple always doing bad things? Really?

--

Rick C.

-+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Just imagine all the winning that you are about to experience. You should be happy.

Reply to
Brent Locher

I know the exact reason why Trmp served as President for 4 years. Because we don't have a parliamentary system that would allow him to be removed before that. Otherwise he would have had his meltdown long ago rather than on schedule now.

So what other wacky things is he going to pull off before he leaves office. At this point he will be lucky if he isn't prosecuted for some of his recent actions. But insanity is a reasonable defense and likely to be very successful in his case.

--

Rick C.

+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

13 days and you get what you want. I mean you really care about what Trump does in the next 13 days. I am curious to see if Joe Biden gets hampered for the next 4 years with some pretend scandal like election interference from Russia.
Reply to
Brent Locher

If you want news, look for a misc.news.* group. If you want politics, look for a politics group. Dead people who are not involved in electronics design are off topic, so I _am_ surprised when they are mentioned here.

Elijah

------ has crossposts to political groups killfiled

Reply to
Eli the Bearded

That is not from hundreds years ago. The last witch burnt in central Europe was slightly more than 200 years ago. I know the names of my ancestors from that time. Later in other places.

Mohammed's green flag features a saber. It's the program. There is no difference between islamistic and islamic. The difference is just who rules.

Or the Indians who export hinduistic Tamiles to Ceylon as a long- term project.

Or the bombing in Northern Ireland. Soon to be resurrected.

It's a general problem for the people who know the precise solutions to eternal problems that they must be re-evaluated after some

100 years.
Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

These guys were head-f***ed long before they knew what politics was. Getting beat too much as a kid will do that.

Reply to
bitrex

Who the f*ck is "Eli the Bearded"??

Reply to
bitrex

Dude you're responding to actually posts on-topic content fairly regularly - what have you ever posted here on the subject? ??

Get a load of this guy. One post in living memory and he's already a netcop

Reply to
bitrex

who do not believe, whereas , the democrat tries to put the unbelievers int o hell on earth ASAP.

Not actually a realistic claim. Democrats are happy to prosecute criminals for real crimes, but they don't go out of their way to make life difficult for their non-criminal opponents.

ts from hundreds of years ago, but the millions killed in the name of no-re ligion in the last century does not seem to pose any lessons.

I wonder who Brent Locher has in mind as "the millions killed in the name o f no-religion". Russian and China both lost a few millions to famines broug ht on by administrative incompetence. Germany killed off six millions Jews on the basis of idiotic theories about race .

l,

like

ould be happy.

Getting rid of an incompetent regime is a step forward. Having to undo as much of their incompetence as you can isn't a particularly direct route to happiness.

use we don't have a parliamentary system that would allow him to be removed before that. Otherwise he would have had his meltdown long ago rather than on schedule now.

ice. At this point he will be lucky if he isn't prosecuted for some of his recent actions. But insanity is a reasonable defense and likely to be very successful in his case.

rump does in the next 13 days? I am curious to see if Joe Biden gets hamper ed for the next 4 years with some pretend scandal like election interferenc e from Russia.

The electoral inference by Russia in the 2016 election was entirely real, a nd might have been enough to give Trump his very narrow victory. It didn't hamper Trump at all.

Biden is going to have a difficult job catching up with all the issues that Trump either neglected or aggressively mishandled . The smouldering remnan ts of the Republican Party aren't going to be a significant part of the pro blem.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I don't recall anything on this groups about this either:

Perhaps because no one was killed?

Reply to
Mike Perkins

"Inside the central legislative chamber, one protester sprayed black paint across the emblem of Hong Kong on the rear wall - while another raised the old British colonial flag."

?????

To be fair I can imagine some lunatic nowadays storming the US Capitol and raising the Union Jack instead of the American flag. Winning! I think?

Reply to
bitrex

Though you notice that most of these "religious" aren't eager to test their theories on themselves! :>

Reply to
Don Y

What a significant fraction of Americans would like for America is a Putin-like leader, who commands world respect for the people and the nation, lays down law and order at home, and more or less rules with an iron fist.

I expect they'll get it sooner or later in some form or another.

"Konstantin Kosachev, the head of the Foreign Affairs Committee of Russia?s upper house and a Putin loyalist, scoffed at American democracy as 'limping on both feet.'"

?'The American celebration of democracy has ended. It has, unfortunately, hit rock bottom, and I say this without a hint of gloating,' he added, clearly gloating."

Reply to
bitrex

Plot twist: there's a good chance this leader will be a woman.

Reply to
bitrex

And tries to assassinate people he doesn't like by getting them dosed with nerve gas.

mocracy

The Russians got what they wanted when they spent quite a lot of money on c arefully targeted pro-Trump propaganda in 2016. Strange that Trump hasn't managed to get access to Novichok ...

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Putin has made it clear that he was not behind the poisoning of Alexei Navalny. To paraphrase, he said "It's obvious I did not try to kill Navalny. If I had tried to kill him, he'd be dead." It's a solid argument.

Why would the Russians want to give anything to Trump? They have manipulated him happily without it costing them anything of significance.

Reply to
David Brown

hly

ith nerve gas.

.

It's the sort of thing Trump would say. About as unsolid as you can get.

Novichok has been used, and the only people who seem to have access to it a re the Russian military.

democracy

on carefully targeted pro-Trump propaganda in 2016.

They spent quite a lot on getting him elected, presumably largely on the ba sis that he would be easier to play than Hillary Clinton. That intervention wasn't cheap. Trump is fairly clearly corruptible, and he was active enoug h in Russia and Easter Europe before he got elected for them to have lines of communication. He may not have wanted to poison anybody before he got bo oted out, but he's not feeling all that cheerful now.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The less a subject has to do with electronics, the longer the thread. Serious electronics posts often get no replies.

There's an obvious reason why.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

That's probably the correct response to the wrong observation :) Putin wants to frighten the opposition, and a long-drawn out saga surrounding someone who is badly sick may well be a better deterrent.

Apart from that, I'd trust Putin's statements as much as Trump's.

Reply to
Tom Gardner