Forget 5G wireless, SpaceX and T-Mobile want to offer Zero-G coverage

Forget 5G wireless, SpaceX and T-Mobile want to offer Zero-G coverage

phased array antennas..

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Sounds unlikely, for lots of reasons.

It could act as feeders for short-range 6G microcells.

Reply to
jlarkin

On a sunny day (Fri, 26 Aug 2022 06:51:21 -0700) it happened snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Not so sure, it would give normal cellphone coverage on the oceans for example.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I'm skeptical that any reasonable number of LEO satellites could service millions of cell phone signals at once.

Reply to
jlarkin

On a sunny day (Fri, 26 Aug 2022 12:45:48 -0700) it happened snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yes, will need more data on the project. Would it work in / from airplanes? Likely won't work from indoors anywhere.. Or has Musk lost it, like his Twitter game, and ... But t-mobile should know what they are doing? Large parts of the world have no cellphone towers Satellite congestion in space....

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 26 Aug 2022 13:00:20 -0700 (PDT)) it happened a a snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

As to 'fiber': again this week things dropped in the mailbox here company wants to push fiber .. now organizing local meetings to get people to join... (guess they need a minimum number to make it worth while digging) You can ask questions in those meetings.. I considered going and asking about what happens during power failures to fiber / cable (and towers..) The great thing about satellite is that the links will stay alive.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Have you actually tried it? I know somebody who has a Starlink terminal and they are very pleased with the performance. The latency is much lower than expected - usually around 30ms and bandwidth is often nearly 200Mbit/s. This is much better than the wired internet service that many people have. It can't beat proper GPON fibre, but there are many places where that is not available.

John

Reply to
John Walliker

I would jump at the opportunity to have a fibre connection. Its much more reliable than copper-based internet connections. Most implementations use GPON where the multiplexing of one backhaul fibre to around 30 customers is completely passive. The head end can be more than 30km away from the customers. This means there is no need for power in remote places. You do need your own backup battery for the fibre modem however, but this also applies to copper based internet services.

John

Reply to
John Walliker

On a sunny day (Sat, 27 Aug 2022 00:33:15 -0700 (PDT)) it happened John Walliker snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Yes, well, I have 4G now with a Huawei USB stick Its in a raspberry Pi used as router for the LAN and for web browsing, a Pi4 8 GB. So far since 2018 no problems, moved with me when I moved house... I can plug that USB stick in the laptop and have internet everywere, 30 Euro / month. I have a movable satellite dish for TV, hundreds of free to air channels from many countries, I had cable for a while, was expensive, often problems especially after Ziggo, the cable company, merged with Vodafone. My website is hosted by godaddy,com so no need for a fixed IP address here and they take care of security (saves time). And I do not use giggle bytes .... and need no extreme speeds... If I EVER needed extreme speeds and huge data volumes I would send a micro SDcard by snail mail or my drone if it was close. The occasional Linux distro / dataheets etc I download need no extreme speed.

Most of the cable providers get TV from a satellite dish on their own offices... and then they select what they allow you to see (censor). So no fiber or cable for me.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Maybe in some countries, but certainly not the UK. At the moment, about 40% of UK customers can buy a real fibre connection which is usually provided using GPON technology. The rest have to put up with VDSL or even ADSL services over copper. People get confused because VDSL has been marketed as "fibre internet" even though it isn't. Now the marketing people are having to come up with some way of distinguishing the previous "fibre internet" from the new "real fibre internet". I fail to understand why the regulator allowed them to lie for so long. John

Reply to
John Walliker

Starlink needs a big antenna. It doesn't talk to phones.

jlarkin

On a sunny day (Sat, 27 Aug 2022 06:55:34 -0700 (PDT)) it happened a a snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Well I am in Europe The Netherlands and no fiber where I live here yet but they are working on it, as they are working on 5G (not here yet).

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Well, it does exist, although the rollout is slower than I would like. It does seem to have some substantial advantages over 4G.

Maybe not 10 times cheaper than copper, but it is cheap and is much more reliable than copper. The main cost is the civil engineering work involved in getting it installed. Bandwidth is of course much higher than copper over longer distances.

All the 5G transmitters in Europe and most in the USA operate at similar frequencies to the 4G ones. Why would there be any difference?

Can you provide references to those reports? What power density were those residents exposed to, for how long and at what frequencies?

If you believe that children need to be protected from the effects of mobile phone transmissions then the best possible place to put the base stations is on the roofs of schools. As I am sure you know, this will cause the handsets to transmit at the lowest power. Due to the inverse square law, it is what happens at the handset close to the head that dominates any effects that might occur.

There are may cancer institutes around the world. What is so special about the French ones?

John

Reply to
John Walliker

prescribed by their shrink?

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Do they avoid daylight, as sunshine is proven to be carcinogenic, unlike the levels of microwave radiation that are produced by cellphones and their base stations?

John

Reply to
John Walliker

Stylish!

Reply to
jlarkin

a a snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Nope. Were that true it would be being used and being efficacious and neither is true.

Oh, and I would have made successful EMP pulsers to pop the car bombs in the green zone in Iraq with. But that did not happen either. Instead, we left and the car bombs got used in the city on civillians, the deaths of which contniue to get tallied as US caused, when clearly Iran was feeding the explosives into the nation. Not as easy as one might think. Magnetic pulses tend to be hard to make directional. Magnetic waves pass through entire planets.

Your pathetic horseshit is just that. Stupid horseshit. You probably think that commercial airlines seed the atmosphere too.

Hey, I'll bet you think the Earth is flat too.

And that we did not go to the Moon. That is what total f****ng retards like you do.

a a is a retard, self imposed.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

a a snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Whoopie f****ng doo. Next you'll be telling us that pachyderm infrasounds cause cancer. They travel several km as well. No? Only those from wind turbines, right?

You are an idiot, punk.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

a a snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You're an idiot. An abject, self imposed dumbfuck.

A person's head would have to be in CLOSE proximity to one to experience anything at all. Any distance over a couple feet would mean zero interaction with flesh. You are as dopey as it gets. The US has been RF rich for many many decades, as has the rest of the world. Retarded twerps like you are what hypnotized France into doing uneeded stupid shit, when the data rate boost is needed in a graphically rich network intensive learning environment now.

AM and FM and TV towers were many tens of kilowatts if not hundreds in some cases. Most also had microwave relay links on their towers. ATT / Bell used microwave relay links all over the place in the sixties thru the '80s. Big horn arrays.

All of you "5G kills" dumbfucks are the only ones who should be rounded up, stuck in a pit, fired at with these signals for a week or two... bump up the power to over that which the world will be using and hit you with it for a couple more weeks. after all that, examine you to prove zero interaction, THEN fire your retarded asses from a circus cannon into a lye pit so YOU can be the only "victims of 5G".

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

a a snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You are an idiot. There is NO SUCH "medical term".

Maybe that is what happened to all but two of your brain cells. And those... are as stupid as it gets.

Don't forget to get on Amazon and get that new, improved tin hat.