GCT Coverage Tool

Hi! I am working on a company which doesn't require a unit tests. I definently want to validate my software to myself if nobody else is not interested. Seems like I have to do unit tests with freeware tools because my company doesn't want to invest in those tools.

I have been learning how to test my software, testing techniques etc. Now I would like to have somekind of measurement about the coverage of the testing. I came up with GCT coverage tool and Brian Marick said in some document that GCT can be used in embedded systems.

So does anybody have experience about the GCT in embedded systems?

Please feel free to give opinions also about the free unit test frameworks.

Thanks.

Reply to
jtp

If everyone develops correct code then what's the problem?

Stephen

Reply to
Steve Maudsley

Not me, and that's the problem. As I am a quite novice on the field it's pretty difficult to develop correct code when there is no code inspections and no unit tests. So I am thinking about improving the quality of my code because the software I made to the last project, which was my first, was terrible. Better yet, it's in the final product and I have the hard time to sleep my nigths proberly. ;)

Reply to
jtp

GCT appears to have been abandoned long ago. Pity, since its abilities look quite promising (weak mutation test, etc.). I've never really really succeeded to get GCT installed under Linux. Would be glad to here from someone who has.

What kind of coverage do you want to measure?

- If you work with GCC, simple statement coverage can be measured with gcov.

- Then, there is ATAC, wich does block coverage, decision coverage and DU-Paths coverage. An old version of it (worked quite nice under Linux last time I tried it) is freely available at

while a newer version with advanced features is available as commercial product (see

Hope this helps

Rob

--
Robert Kaiser                     email: rkaiser AT sysgo DOT com
SYSGO AG                          http://www.elinos.com