Estimate area from SPICE netlist

The last chip I worked on had ten levels of metal. No "planes" per se, though the power grids were pretty stiff to take the ~100A. ;-)

Reply to
krw

I can even have a "thick" metal layer for the amps I have to push along ;-) ...Jim Thompson

       The Ground Zero Mosque IS Appropriate When Renamed...
            The Obama Monument to American Impotence

We'll probably need that as well, lots of peak amps. It's one of those white-knuckle designs where the stall horn on the Mentor software is going to blare a lot.

Keith's 10-metal chip is impressive. I have never seen one.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Isn't Keith ex-IBM? I used to go to Burlington a lot. Impressive place. I used to stay at the Essex and get treated to the NE Culinary Institute's fine food. Got trapped there for a few days by snow, a week before Christmas... fabulous food AND caroling ;-) ...Jim Thompson

       The Ground Zero Mosque IS Appropriate When Renamed...
            The Obama Monument to American Impotence

Yup. The chip I was referring to was the PPC-970MP (dual processor Apple G5).

Nice place, about 2 miles from where I lived (half way between home and work).

Reply to
krw