economics, depressing

Intended or not, that's implicitly a government-and-union goal: to keep competing workers out of the work force as long as possible.

The govt's been pretty well dedicated to countering and reversing productivity gains through taxes and productivity-killing regulation. That creates more jobs (non-productive ones), and fewer goods. It's kind of like a union's "shop rules."

Increasing productivity--the ability to produce goods and services with less and less labor--is the only reason we've been able to support such a large parasitic load in America. Our tax levels would've starved our ancestors.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

=46rom trading credit-default swaps??

;-D >:-b _

Reply to
josephkk

since

Yes, for the hopiate receptors.

Reply to
josephkk

There would have been two dozen if labor hadn't stolen that half of them before they were brought into the room.

Reply to
josephkk

S&P

And they are still hawking the same kinds of loans (no reasonable way to repay) to sell that inventory again and again. The result should be obvious.

Reply to
josephkk

:

Hmm, I missed ham's post.

Big business is taking my cookies?? How? It's Uncle Sam that reaches in my pocket and tells me dumb things I have to do, day after day.

Numerically, Uncle Sam is by far the biggest big business of all, he's a monopoly, you have to buy his stuff even if it's bad, and he makes you work for him to pay for it.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

A "joke" right from the DNC. The truth is that organized labor *IS* big business. The worst kind. Leaches.

Reply to
krw

Yes, the takers.

Reply to
krw

Welfare for real estate agents?

Reply to
krw

This is true, but just try seriously reducing the budget (the "compromise" last week was but a drop in the bucket) and you'll hear private industry scream far more loudly than any political party ever did regarding budget cuts!

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Second only to government contractors?

Oh, wait, many a government contractor is largely run by unions. Hmm.... :-)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Much worse. Unions produce *nothing*.

But there is more than one contractor.