Duct tape to the rescue in space, again

Right. Big corps are more likely to influence legislation than they are to influence elections. It's discreet and much more cost-effective.

John

Well, I find it gets quite boring fairly quickly, but there's an occasional zinger in some of the responses. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, it's not entirely impossible that a criminal sociopath could be a good President. Hillary's problem, of course, is that she doesn't have Bill's charisma.

John

No, and that's precisely the problem.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Hey, do you want to come over and clean the coffee off my keyboard? ;-)

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I once got a very, very old teletype machine from a friend who had no use for it - it might have been a "model 13" or even older - it had a 60 mA current loop, and was the kind that goes kachunka,kachunka, etc.

Well, it had been sitting for awhile, and so was quite dusty, so to "clean" it, I used WD-40.

BAD mistake. It gummed up so bad I wound up disassembling it and cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol and a typewriter brush.

A few strategic drops of sewing machine oil, and it ran like a top. (well, a top that goes kachunka,kachunka,etc.)

WD-40 is for hinges and squeaky ball joints, and spraying on the handsaw and garden tools in the shed.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Book yourself a flight to Mars, enjoy, have a good time, don't puke in the computer. Be sure to write and send pictures.

Ecnerwal

Ha.. just got a 750ml can of insect spray, funny, didn't smell right.

It's filled with "3 in 1" aerosol. Whoops, think I got a bargain

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Haven't won the lottery yet, so I can't afford a ticket. )-;

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

merely

vowed

party

and make

Ah, I see, you are confusing government with elections, which is the topic at hand. Corporations really do not influence elections (unless you are into conspiracy theories about fixed voting machines, media smear compaigns, etc.) because they win either way. They really couldn't care less whether it is corporate sponsored Bush or corporate sponsored Kerry in the Whitehouse. Their people are on top either way.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

Tom Jimpson

???? You have some problem with my knowledge of analog TV????

While I certainly am not an expert, as I only spent about three years helping maintain and improve the campus distribution network at UCSB, I do know a thing or two about it. I also designed CCT systems for a few years after that.

I take it you don't know much about Hillary Duff either. She is a charming young woman of some talent, with modest taste and habits. She isn't a prima dona superstar like some of her contemporaries, but she doesn't really pretend to be, either. Her movies are entertaining, if occasionally silly, and I usually will watch one on TV if it comes on.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

Sound about right. What bothers me is if they generate all that horrible methane, why aren't there any "no smoking" signs around dairies and cow pastures?

# 831-336-2558            jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
# http://802.11junk.com               jeffl@cruzio.com
# http://www.LearnByDestroying.com               AE6KS
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

University of California, Seventeenth and Bristol? That's where Watson A. Name works. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

merely

profit.

Whitehousers.

vowed

is

party

influence and make

Well, the idea of representative government is representation. Since corporations don't vote, but goverment policy severely affects them, it's reaasonable that they would have some mechanisms to influence policy, so the unions don't run the whole show. But "Their people are on top either way." is an overstatement.

It's a messy system, with lots of conflicting forces, but in the end it works fairly well.

John

Richard The Dreaded Libertarian snipped-for-privacy@example.net posted to sci.electronics.design:

Too expensive to send them that far. Drop them on the moon, it is sufficiently inhospitable environment.

Reply to
JosephKK

"Jeff Liebermann" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

In my experience, they have not changed, merely evolved in dysfunctionalness. That's what "changes in manglement and ownership" say: That department is an unflushable turd that attracts most of the new management's attention so everyone thinks it's important enough to keep alive. Then when the truth finally dawns, it is (yet again) spun off to a competitor in the hope that it will poison them.

The only way to be sure of cleansing a dysfunctional organisation is to nuke it from orbit ;-)

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

On a sunny day (Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:10:04 -0700) it happened Charlie Edmondson wrote in :

Where you not the author of that pdf that says that positive modulation is impossible in TV?

I dunno, but this was about Hillary Clintion as was clear in my view from the context.

Having actors in polituics is more Republican style (Reagan, and the King Of California, that I recorded a movie from last night.

Tonight is Laura Croft Raider of some tomb, I have programmed the timer. Would she make a good rep president LOL LOL LOL, SURE better then GWBush.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

impossible in TV?

context.

California,

No, sorry, don't know of the PDF that you are referring to.

And, evidently, you are somewhat humor impaired. Someone said that they liked Hillary, and I made the humorous comment that they must be refering to Hillary Duff, as the other referent you preffered is not really that likable... ;-)

Also, Angelina would be a TERRIBLE president, all emotion, no logic.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

On a sunny day (Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:04:21 -0700) it happened Charlie Edmondson wrote in :

OK, I used google to look it up, it was Randy Yates it seems, not you. It confused me because you both used an ieee.org email address. Sorry about that, my apologies.

Some people have really flipped out on my humor. It needs to be noted that in good humor there is often some truth.

Now you are doing it again. That is not funny, as it is not true :-)

Well, the current one has no emotion, no logic, no heart, so it would be a huge improvement.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

PLUNDERER'S THEME (to Supercalifragilisticexpialidocius)

Pillage, rape, and loot and burn, but all in moderation. If you do the things we say, then you'll soon rule the nation. Kill your foes and enemies and then kill your relations. Pillage, rape, and loot and burn, but all in moderation.

Remind you of anyone? >:->