Projection TV dies if plugged in and OFF for a while...HUH?????

I have an 61" RCA projection TV model P61939 that woke up dead one day, just made a popping sound from the speakers when I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Couldn't get power to come on ir anything. Left it in another room for a week unplugged, and when I plugged it in just out of curiosity, it worked fine. Left it plugged in for a couple days, tried to power it on and it was dead again. If I leave it unplugged and plug it in just before using it, it's fine. If I leave it plugged in but off for an extended amount of time, it dies.

Something stops working when it's plugged in and off for an extended time. All thanks for suggestions and fixes.

Reply to
infiniteMPG

g an area warm enough to show the problem.

Think that may be something that could be visibly detected? When it's cold the problem wouldn't even exist let alone be detected. Any way to get a layout of the TV components so I could even determine where the stand by power system is????

Thanks!

Reply to
infiniteMPG

Solder joint problems..

the stand by power system is most likely keeping an area warm enough to show the problem.

Reply to
Jamie

an area warm enough to show the problem.

Think that may be something that could be visibly detected? When it's cold the problem wouldn't even exist let alone be detected. Any way to get a layout of the TV components so I could even determine where the stand by power system is????

Thanks!

A shroud and freezer spray , one by one so a slow process, starting with elecctros

Reply to
N_Cook

Yeah, freezing air in a can is about the easiest way to locate the problem. Try it on the solder side of the printed wire board it you can, that is the easiest and fastest way.

Reply to
hrhofmann

For a fix, put a switch in the cord. Or a remote switch that plugs into the wall and the tv plugs into it, and it has a cord from the wall to a switch at the end of the cord. You have a solution so it's a waste of time to try to fix this and also you may make break something else in the process.

I had a leather-topped coffee table for 5 years and finally I overwatered a plant and didn't see the water overflow the saucer, wet the paper napkin and leave the pattern of the napkin in the leather.

It was borrowed so I tried everything to fix it, saddle soap, neetsfoot oil, other things. A year later I needed space and stored it in my friend's basement. 2 years after that, the owner called and wanted the piano back but not the coffee table. 2 years after that, I moved out of Brooklyn, got the coffee-table from my friend, and the leather was perfect.

This story was better before the other guys explained what was wrong with our tv.

Reply to
mm

Shroud? What's that and how do you use it in troubleshooting?

Thanks.

Reply to
Fester Bestertester