Panasonic VCR (NV-FJ620), heads dirty/plays fast?

Hi All,

Have a problem, hopefully someone might know what is going on.

Was playing a tape the other day on our Panasonic NV-FJ620 and all of a sudden the picture split into 3/4 segments and went grey etc. Anyway, I opened it up and cleaned the heads with iso. alcohol (eject, audio and video heads) - video ones were quite dirty. After, the picture was improved - but still not perfect (and the audio kept dropping out).

Ejected, the put the tape back - it spooled (i.e. the rollers pushed the tape against the drum) and started moving, but there was no picture and the counter showed it was going too fast (like 3/4 seconds in 1 actual second). This happened as I put the tape in, I didn't press play etc - and in fact, if I try to press play, stop, eject nothing happens while this is happening. You can see the tape advancing (in the casette itself) and it going through, and no way of stopping it. It basically continues to do this until the tape reaches the end - then you can press play/eject etc.

Could this have happened after I cleaned the heads? Does anyone know what would cause the above issue and how I could fix it?

Thanks heaps, Andrew

Reply to
andrew_h

Could just be light on the end sensors because you have the lid off. Try shading it.

Cheers John.

Reply to
John Ferrier

Hi John,

Thanks so much, this was exactly the problem. I've tried to fix the underlying problem though and have really been stumped - I hope you don't mind me emailing you with details to please see if you might recognise the issue (using your email on this minus the anti spam word part). Thanks HEAPS, really appreciate it! Andrew.

Reply to
andrew_h

.
,

Hi John - the e-mail you list in here didn't seem to work (I took out the 'antispam" word part) - would you mind please e-mailing me your email address to mine, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (without the REMOVE word in it).

Thanks! Andrew

Reply to
andrew_h

of

ct,

nds

of

es

Me again... I just tried your email with a dot between names and it seemed to go through (sent from my main address, not gmail one).

Reply to
andrew_h

check the highland electrix fault database.