DPSK oscillator quality

Hi folks!

At the moment I'm designing a DPSK transmission system. The question is how much bit-error-rate I get dependent on the actual difference of oscillator frequency =f(transmitter)-f(receiver).

I'm using a costas-loop demodulator. I think this is one of the best algorithms/strategies.

Does somebody know a good practical oriented paper/link on this theme? I googled without luck.

Regards - Henry

--
www.ehydra.dyndns.info
Reply to

If you are using Costas Loop, then the frequency difference does not matter as long as the PLL can asquire and track the input.

Vladimir Vassilevsky DSP and Mixed Signal Consultant

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Vladimir Vassilevsky schrieb:

Hm. You mean there is a hard limit for delta omega thereafter the Costas Loop quickly loose tracking? How is this related to acquire sync at the beginning of a transmission? Is there the same limiting delta omega value or bigger/smaller?

What is a practical value or on what it depends?

- Henry

--
www.ehydra.dyndns.info
Reply to

Here goes:

There probably is also some good stuff from Chris Trask.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

The first one is interesting.

I will look on it.

Thanks!

- Henry

--
www.ehydra.dyndns.info
Reply to

matter

I am sorry but you haven't got a slightest idea. It is not going to work this way. If you need a tutor or somebody to make your project for you, I can do that, but not for free.

Vladimir Vassilevsky DSP and Mixed Signal Consultant

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Vladimir Vassilevsky schrieb:

Thanks Vladimir!

Sleeping over night I think we talked away. I use a digital costas-loop but I'm sure you deciphered my question for a classical entire analog costas-demodulator.

I will try it on my bench and see what happens. That is of course allways the best way to prove something.

regards - Henry

--
www.ehydra.dyndns.info
Reply to

ofoscillatorfrequency =f(transmitter)-f(receiver).

You are a damned liar saying you googled without luck. More likely you were just too damned ignorant to understand any of the thousands of results.

BTW for cannonical costas loop demodulators delta omega is always pi radians.

JosephKK

Gegen dumheit kanpfen die Gotter selbs vergebens

Reply to
Joseph2k

Joseph2k schrieb:

ofoscillatorfrequency =f(transmitter)-f(receiver).

Maybe I tried the wrong words for Google? And I asked for all your expert opinions!

At least I can write "Gegen dumheit kanpfen die Gotter selbs vergebens" correctly as "Gegen Dummheit kämpfen selbst die Götter vergebens".

Kick your ass!

Sorry - Henry

--
www.ehydra.dyndns.info
Reply to

llatorfrequency =3Df(transmitter)-f(receiver).

"costas loop demodulators" works very well for me. And delta phi is still pi.

You seem to need to google that also, from the Gutenberg project; in the text of "Die Jungfrau von Orleans" (Joan of Arc)

Find reveals "Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens."; seems to be the original. I notice that is not the best current German grammar. (or current spelling)

I correct my sig accordingly.

JosephKK

Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens. --Schiller

Reply to
Joseph2k

ofoscillatorfrequency =f(transmitter)-f(receiver).

Sounds like proper grammar to me and I grew up there. Except that for me there is only one God.

Told ya about a year ago :-)

--
Happy New Year, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

cillatorfrequency =3Df(transmitter)-f(receiver).

?

I remember changing it to be closer to the original then as well. Maybe not perfect then or now, but traceable now.

Thranx

JosephKK "Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens. --Schiller "Die Jungfrau von Orleans"

Reply to
Joseph2k