OT: Thank god they killed Netscrape

They should have killed it long ago. It wasn't as good as IE, preload images never worked, and thing constantly crashed. And even the new Firefox has some annoying Ajax flaws.

Happy New Year!!

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Yes, you can cuddle up with Microsoft. I'm sticking with Firefox

Reply to
Winfield

Same here. I've not had ANY problems with Firefox, what's an Ajax flaw?

...Jim Thompson

AJAX is Asynchronous JavaScript and XML. Firefox doesn't handle the HttpRequest objects properly. You use AJAX to update page data, such as those lists that dropdown as you type in a dialog.

Martin Riddle

An AJAX flaw happens when the manufacturer decides to (again) change the color (blue to white and back again) in order to sell more powder to the gullible public.

Reply to
Robert Baer

never worked, and thing constantly crashed. And

Someone should pull the plug on Time Warner AOL.

Firefox works and works well. For the webmasters that can't get it right FF has an extension to fix it.

Only had to resort to Opera once in ten years to get a site to work - and promptly picked up a keylogger.

Reply to
default

never worked, and thing constantly crashed. And

My IE7 still crashes now and then !

Sadly its another point to Microsoft in the monopoly stakes. So they will still keep on churning out bloated bug ridden software.

Reply to
Marra

never worked, and thing constantly crashed. And

I run Firefox. The only issue I've run into recently is with my Vonage account history. It will NOT display in Firefox but I found a way around that. There's an extension called IE-Tab and it makes the browser look like IE to the server.

I've been really pissed at Vonage because they're aware of the issue and refuse to fix it.

never worked, and thing constantly crashed. And

I made a point of not ever allowing IE7 on any of my systems. IT in the workplace does not allow it either. Small surprise that less careful users that have it have problems.

JosephKK

Reply to
Joseph2k